Backpacks

Moved

Total Downloads: 15,963 - First Release: Oct 30, 2015 - Last Update: Mar 6, 2018

5/5, 49 likes
  1. Nice with the proper backpack gfx (for large) at least... maybe a little too big, but it seems to be working fine at least and doesn't go through my stomach :)

2. Hi
    so is there NO chat command now for this plugin
    [DOUBLEPOST=1509750889][/DOUBLEPOST]many of my players already have most keys bound but others they prefer a chat command to open the backpack

3. Some of my players are still experiencing loss of items after they place them into the backpack and close it. Anyone else having this problem still?

4. has anyone been able to fix the duplication issue with this mod?

(as in duplicating items they have in their backpacks when others are around)

5. I may have spoken too soon....had to disable gfx again because (large) backpack was floating behind players on my server. Also a miniscule annoyance that it reshuffles contents between each opening. Other than that it is a great plugin and something facepunch really should have had as a craftable item in the game already. taking up valuable armor/clothing slots AND signaling to other players that this is a good plunder is a great game mechanic. Unfortunately that doesn't work so well when I have to disable the gfx for it. It also makes sense in the survival aspect of the game to be able to craft carrying containers of different sizes, and I think your 3-tiered system is just the right balance. (Granted you have a lot of carrrying capacity for someone waking up nude on a beach, and it's a hard sell for me immersionwise that you lost all your clothes, but you somehow managed to keep your backpack... maybe nakeds should start with only the carrying capacity of your equipped bar and a basic clothe bag should be easuily craftable as one of the first things you need? and the current inventory size could maybe be medium sized backpack. Just athought... Also: Being able to quickly drop your loot to leg it or throw it in a bush to come back for it a little later if you encounter enemies would be a great mechanic.

6. I want to request an "exclude item list" or to allow some items that have certain abilities to keep their abilities somehow which I don't think would be doable.

I run this and other plugins that' modify items in the car for their plugin, CarCommander, It allows keys to start cars. But once they are put into the backpack of a player. They lose abilities to start the car. So, Which ever of the two options would be better I would like to see one of those.

Also, still having problems with certain players at certain times losing items in backpack randomly and says "someone already has their backpack open" locks them out making them have to kill theirselves to regain entry. Any ideas on this?

7. What could be fine is an update of Backpacks. There has been many good suggestions here now and most of them should be included in this great mod. I can't believe it's not in the vanilla already, but until it is Backpacks is all we have so I hope for it to be as good as possible.

Will there be done more work on Backpacks, or is it dead?

8. Failed to call hook 'OnEntityDeath' on plugin 'Backpacks v2.0.9' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    at Oxide.Plugins.Backpacks.OnEntityDeath (.BaseCombatEntity victim, .HitInfo info) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.Backpacks.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (Oxide.Core.Plugins.HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hook, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

9. is their any way to make the backpack a little bit smaller they are huge on character

10. Yeah, a chat command that could be set in the config would be ideal. :)

11. hey, I don't know how to open the backpack (sorry still new with all the plugins, I had to ask on each forum section for each plugin till now lol)

if maybe I have to set a keybind, how do I do that?

12. It's right there on the overview page - second sentence. ;)

Code:
    To bind a key to open the backpack, use: "bind b backpack.open" in your F1 client console.

13. oh thank you! Damn I'm blind :)

14. ah sorry, I tried typing it in into F1 and it still doesn't open anything when I press "B".

The plugin is loaded and I know I must be doing it right because I had lusty maps and bound it using "M" and that worked.

15. Did you give yourself permissions? Other than that, I don't know.

Code:
    Permissions:    backpacks.use - required for using a backpack
        backpacks.admin - required for /viewbackpack command
        backpacks.use.small - makes player have a small backpack (still requires backpacks.use)
        backpacks.use.medium - makes player have a medium backpack (still requires backpacks.use)
        backpacks.use.large - makes player have a large backpack (still requires backpacks.use)

16. well I got permission after I used the similar command for lusty maps to gain persmission:

oxide.grant user "NAME" backpacks.admin

I tried then using the command you gave me and it's not working :( I think it somehow needs a different worded command if someone has a clue? :(

17. I am having the same issue. Its loaded. I have the commands entered per plugin instructions and nothing. B doesn't open.

18. You have to use prefixes.

o.grant or oxide.grant user/group name/steamid backpacks.use

o.grant or oxide.grant user/group name/steamid backpacks.admin

Then in F1 console type bind b backpack.open

:)

19. Sorry but dosnt work for me too :(