BabelChat

Moved

Total Downloads: 656 - First Release: Jun 10, 2016 - Last Update: Nov 19, 2017

5/5, 3 likes
  1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

And which service do you have Babel's config set to?

2. Code:
    {
      "API key (if required)": "****",
      "Translation service": "yandex"
    }

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Which version of Babel does it show in your logs?

4. Code:
    Loaded plugin Babel v1.0.2 by Wulf/lukespragg

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Are you using any other chat plugins?

6. nope betterchat is unloaded

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Tested Yandex support with and without other chat plugins are not seeing any issues other than Yandex being slow as molasses. Are you sure you copied the entire API key? Yandex has as unnecessarily long API keys.

8. yeah betterchat is unloaded yandex key copypaste not frrespace or something but the yandex key starts with "trnsl" right?

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Yes, the Yandex key starts with trnsl and is 84 characters long in total. You should see errors though if it's invalid or other issues come up. If you don't mind, I'm going to send you a PM for you to send me your key to test with.

10. So, I'm trying to use Babel/BabelChat on my server, but I really really like the BetterChat plugin... And they don't play together very well, it seems... it would send messages twice, and would fudge up the BetterChat tags and such.

So I edited out the BetterChat references, and had BabelChat simply return the message (instead of checking against BetterChat)

Now the plugins work more or less how I would like... it still sends the message out twice, but the first message now doesn't mess up the BetterChat tags...

Is it a problem if, in console, it warns me of the conflict of the hooks being called?

Also, I would love if it wouldn't send messages twice, or wouldn't send messages twice if the original message is in the server language or something?

Any thoughts/help?

I attached my edited BabelChat file. If anyone sees anything I could change?

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I’ll add support for it tonight.

12. Wulf to the rescue!!!

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Which version of BetterChat are you using? I had support for it before, but unless something changed it should be working fine.

14. I'm using version 5.0.14 - says it's the current version.
    What happens after I install both is that anytime someone chats, there is some garbage spit out before betterchat tags and such.--> [*55aaff][+15]<UserNameHere>[/+][/#] <-- then the betterchat tags, name, and message.
    Then, it would print again, without betterchat tags. just clan tags and name -- I think this one is the translated message.
    (and yes, it behaves this way with ShowOriginal set to false)

I also noticed it sends separate messages out to each player, regardless of "to" and "from" language names... I think it'd be smoother to only translate and only send translated messages if the "to" and "from" are different, if that's possible?

Let me know what you think Wulf!
    And thanks for all your hard work!!!

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Not sure what the formatting issue would be, but I'll take a look.

It already only sends messages if the to and from messages are different.

16. weird... on my server, it seemed like it was sending/translating messages regardless of the to and from messages...

The version I attached is edited, and works pretty well on my Rust server with BetterChat...

there's just a conflict, since both plugins use OnUserChat (and I don't know how to use OnBetterChat())
    but it seems like it's just console spam? It translates only the messages that need to be translated, sends only those messages, doesn't send the original message twice... idk. It works pretty good. Just the hook conflict that I don't know how to reconcile...

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2017
  17. I have a problem with codes around name like this [#55aaff][+14]Name[/+][/#] then tags. I use betterchat also and playerchallenge? how do i combine this? And i can not hide orginal message. https://i.gyazo.com/54602f2be225d5c400e73aac40e2b05b.png I have reported this also in BetterChat plugin page.

RCON:
    (14:00:13) | Babel and BabelChat were compiled successfully in 1609ms
    (14:00:13) | Unloaded plugin BabelChat v1.1.3 by Wulf/lukespragg
    (14:00:13) | Unloaded plugin Babel v1.0.2 by Wulf/lukespragg
    (14:00:13) | BabelChat plugin is waiting for requirements to be loaded: Babel
    (14:00:13) | Loaded plugin Babel v1.0.2 by Wulf/lukespragg
    (14:00:13) | Loaded plugin BabelChat v1.1.3 by Wulf/lukespragg
    (14:00:14) | [Manifest] URI IS "https://api.facepunch.com/api/publi...xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
    (14:00:21) | Plugin compilation is already queued: BabelChat (0.006 ago)
    (14:00:21) | BabelChat and Babel were compiled successfully in 74ms
    (14:00:21) | Unloaded plugin BabelChat v1.1.3 by Wulf/lukespragg
    (14:00:21) | Unloaded plugin Babel v1.0.2 by Wulf/lukespragg
    (14:00:21) | BabelChat plugin is waiting for requirements to be loaded: Babel
    (14:00:21) | Loaded plugin Babel v1.0.2 by Wulf/lukespragg
    (14:00:21) | Loaded plugin BabelChat v1.1.3 by Wulf/lukespragg

{
    "Force default server language (true/false)": false,
    "Log chat messages (true/false)": true,
    "Show original message (true/false)": false,
    "Use random name colors (true/false)": false
    }

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2017
  18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

BabelChat calls out to BetterChat to format names and such if it is installed.

19. How can i fix this?

20. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Have you tested it without PlayerChallenges?