BabelChat

Moved

Total Downloads: 656 - First Release: Jun 10, 2016 - Last Update: Nov 19, 2017

5/5, 3 likes
  1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Unless it was made a year or so back, it is unlikely to be a V1 API key. I need to spend some time adding support for their V2 API which is a bit more complicated and requires multiple calls.

2. Hey just curious is there a way to not have the players name in the actual chat.

for example: Server: ArchAngel:SOMEONE HELP I'M GETTING RAIDED

And this is the normal platform for T chat

for example: ArchAngel:SOMEONE HELP I'M GETTING RAIDED

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

In both of your examples you have the player's name in the chat, so I'm not sure what you're wanting. Also, which game?

4. Hello! What about Yandex Api? They give 10.000.000 characters per month for free

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That's already WIP, partially in the existing code but not finished yet.

6. I.ve got yandex api key, but nothing changed on chat... Not translation on babelchat...

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Which game? You said you had it working in the other plugin.

8. The game is Hurtworld. Not any messages on chat, but you plagin langgen working with settings I've made. (Api key and service). May be I need install default server language? But i didn't understand how to done that...

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Looking into it now, might need a fix in Oxide for something I overlooked.

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Wulf updated BabelChat with a new update entry:

11. Thank's! But how set default server language? My HURTWORLD server with Russian players and chat shows me two type of messages - first on RUSSIAN, and second - English translate. If player write in English - chat shows two messages on English. (Show original - false on config). I hope that this plugin someday will translate messages only for foreign players to it's languages. Now it translate all types of messages to ENGLISH.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2016
  12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Which Oxide build are you using?

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Wulf updated BabelChat with a new update entry:

14. I saw that you updated hw so you can set the default lang but i still show the messages two times very annoying

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Are you using HW Clans or another plugin that modifies the chat? I tested and had no issues except with that plugin.

16. Do I understand correctly that plagin will translate messages to the language which is installed in the game settings? Example: I write in Russian. Other player set language at game settings ENGLISH - what he will see? My message in English, right? And other Polish player will see my message at polish? I didn't undestand how it's work correctly... And if i set /lang ru as default server language, what plugin will do if English players will talk to each other? I'm afraid the case when the translation will from EN to RU and then again то EN.

17. I use hwclans

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That would be the cause of the double messages then, it prints its own messages.

Yes to the first about translation to the player's language, and if you set the server language to ru and set ForceDefault to true, it will be Russian for every player.

19. HWclans dublicate player messages, and babelchat shows 2 types of messages. (With clantag and default)
    At console you can see two prefixes: Broadcast(server default) and HWClans. How it's may be repaired? I don't know :)

20. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

HW Clans would need to add support for this or add something to allow translation.