TruePVE

Better PVE/PVP implementation

Total Downloads: 4,626 - First Release: Mar 25, 2016 - Last Update: Mar 7, 2018

5/5, 26 likes
  1. I think it could've just been lagging when the server first went live, not hearing any issues from people playing on it about not being able to break things. But just incase here is my config:
    (wasn't sure how I should send it so sending as a .txt)

Edit: Issue is still there, some people cant destroy certain items that they should be able to, ive checked and it isn't an issue with me spelling it incorrectly. Sometimes people can break it while others they cant. So far this has happened with a vending machine and salvaged shelves.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2018
  2. How can I add the scientist added with the latest update get into the ruleset? Evertime I kill a npc i get kicked...

3. Is there a way that I can set it so when placing buildingblocks (walls, foundations etc) the person who placed it and that persons rust.io Clan can damage the buildingblocks normally BUT players not in the clan cannot damage it?

Trying to sort out a system so 5 days a week players cannot raid through breaking doors/walls except the person/clan that placed the walls can damage at anytime.

I know how to set up a schedule, add rules etc but I don't know if this is possible or what the rule would be for it to work

Hope that makes sense, thanks!

4. Riddle: if you let them use the remove tools they could remove it with the PVE protections still in place. and on the other two days turn off remove and true pve and bam normal PVP applies.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1516539108][/DOUBLEPOST]
    try this in the config:
    {
    "name": "npcs",
    "members": "NPCMurderer, murderer, NPCPlayerApex, NPCScientist, scientist, BradleyAPC",
    "exclusions": ""
    },
    [DOUBLEPOST=1516539274][/DOUBLEPOST]I noticed on Lost Isle PVE the config was incorrect for High External Gates, it had gates.external.high.wood twice instead of:
    Code:
        {
          "name": "highwalls",
          "members": "wall.external.high.stone, wall.external.high.wood, gates.external.high.wood, gates.external.high.stone",
        },
    You might want to check your configuration if you don't want folks dieing on their stone gates. Correcting that made them safe to play on.

5. I believe you should be able to just add Scientist to your npcs entity group (like you may have done with NPCMurderer and NPCPlayerApex). However, if you're getting kicked when you kill them then there might be another issue.
    There's no support for clans in TruePVE, so that bit isn't possible. However, you could use AuthorizedDamage with CupboardOwnership to allow damage from anyone who has build authorization... Or as mspeedie noted, you can use R-RemoverTool to allow them to remove (as it supports most clan plugins).

Regarding setting up a schedule, there should be some schedule examples in configs that have been attached to this support thread (likely within the last few pages).

6. Thanks for the quick reply!
    Sorry if this is a silly question but how would I write that?

Edit: I was asking questions about how to do it but I figured it out, didn't realise straight away that it was a Flag, thank you for your help :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2018
  7. How to make that fire from an incendiary rocket put damage to players?

8. I tried to add it, but it didn't work:

[Death Notes] was shot in the Head by Stew with a LR-300 Assault Rifle from 6.69m.
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

9. Are you sure that error is from TruePVE? If you can test with only TruePVE loaded and confirm you still experience the issue, please post your TruePVE config.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1516816693][/DOUBLEPOST]
    You can delete the rule "fire cannot hurt players" in your config ruleset. Note that this will allow fire damage from all incendiary ammo.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2018
  10. Unfortunately it doesn't work. I can still stand in fire from the incendiary rockets and for me there is no damage.

11. Can you upload your config please?

12. {
    "Config Version": "0.8.8",
    "Default RuleSet": "default",
    "Configuration Options": {
    "handleDamage": true,
    "useZones": true
    },
    "Mappings": {
    "default": "default",
    "11595341": "exclude"
    },
    "Schedule": {
    "enabled": false,
    "useRealtime": false,
    "broadcast": false,
    "entries": []
    },
    "RuleSets": [
    {
    "name": "default",
    "enabled": true,
    "defaultAllowDamage": false,
    "flags": "HeliDamageLocked, HumanNPCDamage, AdminsHurtSleepers, ProtectedSleepers",
    "rules": [
    "anything can hurt dispensers",
    "anything can hurt players",
    "players cannot hurt players",
    "anything can hurt traps",
    "traps can hurt players",
    "players can hurt barricades",
    "barricades can hurt players",
    "highwalls can hurt players",
    "anything can hurt heli",
    "anything can hurt npcs",
    "anything can hurt resources",
    "anything can hurt doors",
    "anything can hurt storages"
    ]
    }
    ],
    "Entity Groups": [
    {
    "name": "dispensers",
    "members": "BaseCorpse, HelicopterDebris",
    },
    {
    "name": "players",
    "members": "BasePlayer",
    },
    {
    "name": "traps",
    "members": "AutoTurret, BearTrap, FlameTurret, Landmine, GunTrap, ReactiveTarget, spikes.floor",
    },
    {
    "name": "barricades",
    "members": "Barricade",
    },
    {
    "members": "wall.external.high.stone, wall.external.high.wood, gates.external.high.wood, gates.external.high.wood",
    },
    {
    "name": "heli",
    "members": "BaseHelicopter",
    },
    {
    "members": "NPCPlayerApex, BradleyAPC",
    },
    {
    "name": "fire",
    "members": "FireBall",
    },
    {
    "name": "doors",
    "members": "wall.frame.shopfront, wall.frame.garagedoor, door.hinged.wood, door.hinged.metal, door.hinged.toptier, wall.frame.fence.gate, wall.frame.cell.gate, door.double.hinged.metal, door.double.hinged.toptier, floor.ladder.hatch, gates.external.high.wood, gates.external.high.stone, door.double.hinged.wood",
    },
    {
    "name": "storages",
    "members": "box.wooden.large, woodbox_deployed, fridge.deployed, locker.deployed, furnace, cupboard.tool.deployed",
    },
    {
    "name": "resources",
    "members": "ResourceEntity, TreeEntity, OreResourceEntity",
    }
    ]
    }
    Sorry for the long text, I don't know how to do it unfolding.

13. Hi.
    Is it possible to protect the door. It's about the door in a public place. Without a lock. Someone is still taking them :)

14. I'm guessing you'd want to use ZoneManager and block pickup in that area - TruePVE doesn't handle picking up things.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1517012527][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Just use the Upload File button! ;) From a quick look, it doesn't look like fire should be blocked - is there another plugin which could be interfering?

15. I'm getting a Hook error. My config is not corrupted, i have deleted it 3 times and edited it. i even reinstalled the plugin twice to fix it. when the config is vanilla it works fine, when i edit it at all, it does not.

My Edits:
    Code:
    {
      },
        "default": "default"
      },
        "entries": [
          "07:00 default PvE mode ON",
          "19:00 pvp PvP mode ON"
        ]
      },
        {
          "flags": "HumanNPCDamage, LockedBoxesImmortal, LockedDoorsImmortal",
            "traps cannot hurt players",
            "fire cannot hurt players",
            "anything can hurt resources"
          ]
        }
      ],
    failure:

Code:
    (14:13:35) | Failed to call hook 'OnEntityTakeDamage' on plugin 'TruePVE v0.8.8' (KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.)
      at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[Oxide.Plugins.TruePVE+Option,System.Boolean].get_Item (Option key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.TruePVE.OnEntityTakeDamage (.BaseCombatEntity entity, .HitInfo hitinfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.TruePVE.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (Oxide.Core.Plugins.HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hook, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    (14:13:35) | Failed to call hook 'OnEntityTakeDamage' on plugin 'TruePVE v0.8.8' (KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.)
      at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[Oxide.Plugins.TruePVE+Option,System.Boolean].get_Item (Option key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.TruePVE.OnEntityTakeDamage (.BaseCombatEntity entity, .HitInfo hitinfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.TruePVE.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (Oxide.Core.Plugins.HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hook, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

16. You can not add damage to the armor (Coffee Can Helmet, Road Sign Jacket.....)?

17. You are missing the corresponding mapping and ruleset for the "pvp" schedule entry. There should be some working config examples within this support thread that have a schedule enabled for your reference.
    Honestly, I've not tried. Theoretically, you could, but again, I've not ever tried to add clothing/armor items to entity groups...

18. Thanks. no more error

19. Nvm still getting an error on restart.

Code:
    (22:13:58) | Failed to call hook 'OnEntityTakeDamage' on plugin 'TruePVE v0.8.8' (KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.)
    (22:13:58) | Failed to call hook 'OnEntityTakeDamage' on plugin 'TruePVE v0.8.8' (KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.)
    My full Config:

Code:
    {
      },
        "default": "default",
        "pvp": "pvp"
      },
        "entries": [
          "07:00 default PvE mode ON",
          "19:00 pvp PvP mode ON"
        ]
      },
        {
            "traps cannot hurt players",
            "fire cannot hurt players",
          ]
        },
        {
          "name": "pvp",
            "players can hurt players",
            "traps can hurt players",
            "fire can hurt players",
          ]
        }
      ],
      "Entity Groups": [
        {
          "name": "dispensers",
          "members": "BaseCorpse, HelicopterDebris",
        },
        {
          "name": "players",
          "members": "BasePlayer",
        },
        {
          "name": "traps",
          "members": "AutoTurret, BearTrap, FlameTurret, Landmine, GunTrap, ReactiveTarget, spikes.floor",
        },
        {
          "name": "barricades",
          "members": "Barricade",
        },
        {
          "members": "wall.external.high.stone, wall.external.high.wood, gates.external.high.wood, gates.external.high.wood",
        },
        {
          "name": "heli",
          "members": "BaseHelicopter",
        },
        {
          "members": "NPCPlayerApex, BradleyAPC",
        },
        {
          "name": "fire",
          "members": "FireBall",
        },
        {
          "name": "resources",
          "members": "ResourceEntity, TreeEntity, OreResourceEntity",
        }
      ]
    }

20. ignignokt84 no results

"anything can hurt attire"

"name": "attire",
    "members": "coffeecan.helmet, metal.plate.torso, roadsign.kilt, metal.facemask, roadsign.jacket",