TruePVE

Better PVE/PVP implementation

Total Downloads: 4,630 - First Release: Mar 25, 2016 - Last Update: Mar 7, 2018

5/5, 26 likes
  1. There's not a way to do this currently. I'll consider implementing something like this, but it likely won't be until after Christmas...

2. Nice to hear :)) and thx for the fast answer.

3. I'm having some problems with animals that they don't die/loose any life. I have created a PVP area in my map and in that zone, animals won't die when i shoot at them, and animals can't kill other animals ether. What do I do?

4. Did you set up a ruleset for the pvp zone? You can post your config here and I'll take a look (others might help too).
    [DOUBLEPOST=1514070586][/DOUBLEPOST]@lsather91 - By the way, it's likely your issue isn't with TruePVE, considering TruePVE doesn't do anything to prevent animals from taking damage...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2017
  5. Hello im a new pve server owner, i love the way this plugin works as is, the only thing is im a newb when it comes to scripts. Im looking for a basic one with no pve/pvp times schedules or rulesets the way the plugin as is, is good enough for me, only thing i want is to make scientists and murderers killable, as i cannot damage them. i use multiplay servers if that means anything, its a strictly pve server.

also were do i paste the script, whats the directory or specifically how do i config on multiplay server

6. You need to add Scientists and Murderers to npcs list inside Config file TruePVE.json

Example:

{
    "name": "npcs",
    "members": "NPCPlayerApex, BradleyAPC, NPCMurderer, murderer, NPCScientist, scientist",
    "exclusions": ""
    },

7. Sorry it was not the True PVE that did it. I had created a zone within a zone with some ruls on... Thanks anyway :)

8. i have just installed DynamicPVP Plugin i am running all uptodate plugins TruePVE and ZoneManager i and another admin tryied to battle one another to make sure things were working properly we both had god mode off and were unable to hurt one another or cuase damage to each other what am i doing wrong do i need to add some thing to truepve to make this work? Here is a copy of my TruePVE config file

Attached Files:

9. I don't know anything about the DynamicPVP plugin, but if you're looking to run PVE server but have certain zones where PVP is enabled, then you must put the zone's ID as an exception in the TruePVP config.

Here's an example of mine.
    On my server, I have reserved zones 10-29 to be PVP zones. We don't have that many zones on the server, but it's already set just in case an admin wants to make an Arena, they already have an exclusion setup for their zone.

Here's that part of my TruePVE config:
    Code:
      "Mappings": {
        "default": "default",
        "10": "exclude",
        "11": "exclude",
        "12": "exclude",
        "13": "exclude",
        "14": "exclude",
        "15": "exclude",
        "16": "exclude",
        "17": "exclude",
        "18": "exclude",
        "19": "exclude",
        "20": "exclude",
        "20": "exclude",
        "21": "exclude",
        "22": "exclude",
        "23": "exclude",
        "24": "exclude",
        "25": "exclude",
        "26": "exclude",
        "27": "exclude",
        "28": "exclude",
        "29": "exclude"
      },
    So if they want to make a pvp zone. All they have to do is create a zone. Give it an ID anywhere between 10-29, and it'll automatically be PVP.

You don't need to setup all those. Just, whatever the ID is to the zone you want to be PVP, put it like I did above, just one line. If you got 2 zones you want to be PVP, then make 2 lines, or 2 "exclusions."

10. So far loving the app, I have figured out everything on it except 1 thing- I have botspawn to spawn NPCs. They can damage players (works as intended) but players are unable to damage NPC's (not working as intended). The plug in thinks if I shoot the NPC the npc is a player and it does no damage, but if the NPC shoots me then it allows it. How do I make it so they can damage players and players can damage NPCs? I tried adding exception "NPC" but it did not work. *Update* I now "fixed" it so I can damage NPCs but now they can't hurt players. Any Ideas with this error--
    Calling hook OnEntityTakeDamage resulted in a conflict between the following plugins: BotSpawn - True (Boolean), TruePVE (False (Boolean))

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2018
  11. You need to add to Entity Groups, under npcs. Take a look at my TruePvE config file and compare yours to mine.

Attached Files:

12. I tried that from a previous quote :(

13. How can you turn turn on PVP ability for just admins if we need to kill a body? For example if I ban someone for racism and I want to kill his body to remove it from the server?

14. Again, I can only refer you to file I uploaded for you.

RuleSets:

flags: AdminsHurtSleepers

15. Fixed, i added this: "members": "NPCPlayerApex, BradleyAPC, NPCMurderer, murderer, NPCScientist, scientist",

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have a mix of pve and pvp. and use True PVE with this:
    {
    "name": "npcs",
    "members": "NPCPlayerApex, BradleyAPC, NPCMurderer, murderer",
    "exclusions": ""
    },

After last version of BotSpawn i can not kill the Bots anymore????

This is PVE settings:

"name": "default",
    "enabled": true,
    "defaultAllowDamage": false,
    "flags": "HumanNPCDamage, LockedBoxesImmortal, LockedDoorsImmortal, ProtectedSleepers",
    "rules": [
    "anything can hurt dispensers",
    "anything can hurt players",
    "players cannot hurt players",
    "anything can hurt traps",
    "traps can hurt players",
    "players can hurt barricades",
    "barricades can hurt players",
    "highwalls can hurt players",
    "anything can hurt heli",
    "anything can hurt npcs",
    "npcs can hurt npcs",
    "fire can hurt players",
    "anything can hurt resources"

BotSpawn settings:
    "Options": {
    "Allow_Rust_Loot": true,
    "Animal_Safe": false,
    "APC_Safe": false,
    "Cull_Default_Population": false,
    "Ignore_Animals": true,
    "Ignore_HumanNPC": false,
    "NPC_Retaliate": false,
    "Peace_Keeper": true,
    "Remove_BackPacks": false,
    "Suicide_Timer": 300,
    "Supply_Enabled": false,
    "Turret_Safe": false,
    "Wipe_Belt": false,
    "Wipe_Clothing": true

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2018
  16. Hey, out of curiosity, how can I make a new mapping that would allow players to have PVP but not damage buildings. I've recently added the DynamicPVP plugin and players are already trying to use supply signals to raid a base. I want them to be able to kill each other, but not the structures. Do I create a new ruleset?

{
    "name": "default",
    "enabled": true,
    "defaultAllowDamage": false,
    "flags": "HumanNPCDamage, LockedBoxesImmortal, LockedDoorsImmortal",
    "rules": [
    "anything can hurt dispensers",
    "anything can hurt players",
    "players cannot hurt players",
    "anything can hurt traps",
    "traps can hurt players",
    "players can hurt barricades",
    "barricades can hurt players",
    "highwalls can hurt players",
    "anything can hurt heli",
    "anything can hurt npcs",
    "fire can hurt players",
    "anything can hurt resources"
    ]
    }

What do I need to change in here to prevent damage to buildings, but allow players to beat the crap out of each other for an airdrop.

17. @Bill Murray 2 - I'd recommend posting in the DynamicPVP support thread. I believe DynamicPVP sets up the zones as "exclude" zones, so it would likely need updated to be able to define a custom mapping. Once the support for custom mappings is added to DynamicPVP, you should be able to copy your "default" ruleset and just delete the "players cannot hurt players" rule.

18. Okay, so by removing that line players would not be able to damage buildings or structures in that zone? All I want is for players to be able to fight it out for the airdrop. I don't want any damage to happen to buildings.

19. Yes. But like I mentioned, you'll have to ask the developer of DynamicPVP to add support for custom rulesets.

20. Okay, so I got a response from the DynamicPVP plugin creator. He says that I can change the "exclude" from the CS file to something like "airdrop", but then I'd need to make a custom ruleset in TruePVE called "airdrop" So if I make this second ruleset, all I do is keep all the same but I remove the "players cannot hurt players" line? Based on that, theoretically, this should work? And I should be able to have PVP without the building damage?

Thanks for your time and help.