TruePVE

Better PVE/PVP implementation

Total Downloads: 4,540 - First Release: Mar 25, 2016 - Last Update: Mar 7, 2018

5/5, 26 likes
  1. As @maddingamer stated, turrets will not damage players unless you configure them to (I've also updated the plugin description to state this). However, the way this plugin is designed, there should be no need for turrets for home security unless you have a huge bear problem... ;)

2. The Twig decay does not work unless I'm setting it wrong "decay": 1.0, is this only twig decay? how long is 1.0?
    I tried to run the twig decay plugin as well but yours fought with it in the Rcon

Also thanks for the plugin I'm liking it a lot I was able to remove 12 plugins to use just this 1 ..

3. The decay in TruePVE is global - it is simply a scaling of the default decay amount. So a decay of 1.0 = 100% decay (normal rate), while 0.5 = 50% decay rate, and 0.0 = no decay, and of course any value in between or even over 1.0 is allowed. However, the decay handling of TruePVE is extremely primitive compared to TwigsDecay and I would recommend using TwigsDecay if you want more control than setting a global decay modifier.

If TwigsDecay is detected, TruePVE will NOT apply any decay modifications, and decay is assumed to be handled by the TwigsDecay plugin. If TruePVE detects TwigsDecay, TruePVE will output a warning to the console stating that TruePVE will not handle decay (which I suppose I should reduce to a basic info message, as this is purely informational and is not indicative of an actual problem).

Glad you like the plugin!

4. Getting this from console ..

[Oxide] 21:14 [Warning] 'TruePVE v0.1.3' plugin is using deprecated hook: OnPlayerLoot

5. Version 0.1.5

6. I don't know if i configured something wrong, but fire or incendiary ammo causes player damage

7. I'm aware fire will cause damage - there's currently no way for me to fix that except to turn off ALL fire damage, but then heli fights are significantly less dangerous (which is unacceptable). Incendiary ammo shouldn't cause damage on its own, but the fires started by them can still hurt you. Again, there's no way to fix this that I've found besides turning off all fire damage...

8. Hello! Thx ofr thig mod.
    Is it possible with TruePVE to create south of the map entirely PVP and north entirely PVE ? and how to ?

9. Does this hook/unhook with zones plugin?

10. No, this is not something which TruePVE is designed to do. TruePVE settings are global, so the only ways to override the PVE portion is to use another plugin or plugins to override TruePVE to accomplish what you want, or change the TruePVE behavior yourself.
    TruePVE has no hooks to other plugins except to check if TwigsDecay is installed. There are hooks exposed and options available in TruePVE which can be used to customize/override TruePVE behavior though. See this post for an example using ZoneManager.

11. Ok too bad for me. thank you anyway.

Maybe there is a chance to make an option or a mod(?) to this plugin to apply it only on a specific zone instead the entire map ?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2016
  12. Gotcha, i know its not your plugin but in zones if i disable pvpgod and pvegod, with truepve enabled, would that make thise zones standard pvp?

13. Well there already is the ZoneManager plugin which lets you create zones, so you could customize that and set up big zones which allow PVP.
    I don't believe so. If I'm not mistaken, PvpGod makes you invulnerable against other players, and PveGod makes you invulnerable against everything else, but by default both of these flags are disabled anyway. You need to set up ZoneManager to skip TruePVE processing altogether if you are trying to set up custom PVP zones.

14. Can you bake that into your plugin?

15. can you explain how to create a PvP zone?

16. I've provided an example here.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1459651275][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Nope. TruePVE is simply a better PVE implementation to override the default Rust PVE mode. There is no plan to add any PVP functionality to it. However, the behavior which you desire can be accomplished by using another plugin and overriding the TruePVE hooks (which I've provided an example of how to do using ZoneManager).

17. set your ZoneManager and changed config TruePVE.
    I created a zone with a flag PvpArena true.
    Nothing has changed and PvE mode is not changed. That I have done wrong?
    Code:
    {
      "barricade": true,
      "corpse": true,
      "decay": 0.0,
      "heli": false,
      "hookdamage": false,
      "hookloot": false,
      "sleeper": false,
      "sleepingbag": true,
      "suicide": true,
      "turret": true,
      "unlocked": false
    }

18. More to it then that. You have to custom configure the actual plugin.

19. The example I provided does not completely remove PVE elements, just makes players able to kill other players in the zone. It is meant to be used as an example for further customization.

20. but with these settings, I was not able to kill no one