Spectate

Moved

Total Downloads: 4,562 - First Release: Nov 5, 2015 - Last Update: Jan 31, 2017

5/5, 14 likes
  1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Rust doesn't have a way to go back unless you are admin in Rust.

2. So I'm trying to give my moderators permissions to spectate, they don't have moderatorid set only moderator group and I've given them specific commands they can use via other plugins. Whenever they try to spectate it doesn't do anything or say anything.

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

How did you grant the permission?

4. I did grant user steamid spectate.allow, I've also tried grant group mod spectate.allow

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Where did you use the commands and what were the replies?

6. Used the commands in-game console and reply was UserPermissionGranted and GroupPermissionGranted

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Looks like you're running a slightly outdated server, but that wouldn't be the issue here. So when the player uses /spectate, they see nothing in the chat and nothing changes?

8. when they use spectate in console nothing appears no message an nothing happens on their screen.
    I'm using a server host nfoservers btw.

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Have you tried using it in the chat?

10. No I didn't even know there was a / command for chat use. I've tried using it in console and I'm able to spectate.

11. Any idea @Wulf on what to do?

Also when I open console and I type show groups, it doesn't show anything and doesn't give me any return message.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2017
  12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If you are using the F1 console, you should prefix the core Oxide commands with "oxide." as Rust has similar client commands for some.

13. What do you mean? Which commands would I prefix with oxide?

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

"oxide.show"

15. Could u please add "Allow clan members to spectate."

16. It was working perfectly now when I type in console or in chat nothing pops up. Absolutely nothing happens. Really weird. Here are the logs. (I haven't restarted the server yet to try and fix this.)
    Code:
    (Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)Failed to call hook 'SpectateCommand' on plugin 'Spectate v0.4.2' (ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.)
    (Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,UnityEngine.Vector3].Add (System.String key, Vector3 value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.Spectate.SpectateCommand (IPlayer player, System.String command, System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.Spectate.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hook, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    (Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)[GRZ] DaOx[1543029/76561197989865901] was killed by wolf (Wolf)
    (Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)[GRZ] DaOx[1543029/76561197989865901] has entered the game
    (Filename: 

17. Not sure if this plugin is causing it, but whenever I spectate recently I get a red error "local player is being set up multiple times" and then cant move or anything once I go out of spectate, even after kill command

18. @Wulf ,
    While using /spectate to toggle it off I'm going back to my own body but the camera angle isn't good
    because instead of getting the camera first person its going to third person i'm just using the command /spectate to toggle it off and then that just happen,

Nevermind just press f3 and its fixed

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2017
  19. Anyone knows what could have caused this:
    Code:
    (01:17:53) | Failed to call hook 'SpectateCommand' on plugin 'Spectate v0.4.2' (KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.)
    at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,System.String].get_Item (System.String key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.Spectate.SpectateCommand (IPlayer player, System.String command, System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.Spectate.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (Oxide.Core.Plugins.HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hook, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2018