Skins

Allow players to change items skin with the skin from steam workshop.

Total Downloads: 13,456 - First Release: Apr 20, 2017 - Last Update: May 5, 2017

5/5, 51 likes
  1. I see your point, and completely understand! Noted!
    Thank you very much!

2. I agree with what you are saying, but would just like to add some general thoughts on skins:

-Some skins give you a clear advantage by lowering your visibility in certain areas/conditions. It could be argued that some of these are effectively pay to win, and seriously: FUCK PAY TO WIN! Facepunch should have included some basic camo and stealth stuff that everyone gets from the start to avoid anyone being able to buy an advantage!
    -Some skins are seriously overpriced. FUCK GREED!
    -Many skins look so much better in the preview pics, than they do in actual ingame scenarios. My pc isn't cutting edge, so I do have to lower my settings a bit to play without horrible lag/stuttering, but it isn't a complete brick either. Previews are usually rendered only at ridiculously high-end quality, and the only way to get a true representation, is to get them ingame and see what they actually look like. And most of the skins are really bad to begin with. Take a look at some of XTab's skins...and then look at any other.... yeah... not great stuff, especially the rubbish that is made by colorblind 8 year olds with the built in rust skinner..:p
    -The officially awarded skins you get from playtime is FUCKED! I have over 1300 hrs ingame now, and still haven't seen a single decent skin. It also seems to not work for looooong periods of time where I get nothing, and then it dumps another green t-shirt, blue hoodie or orange longsleeve into my inventory, maybe even a couple more in the same week, and then back to nothing. I currently have double up on all pictureframes, 5 blue hoodie, 4 orange longsleeves, 4 green beanies and a few other singles and doubles of very basic stuff. The most advanced skin i've gotten, is a pair of punk pants.

I am not opposed to paying a reasonable price for some purely vanity items that are well done, but i really think there should be little bit of variety to begin with as a baseline when you buy the game. And being forced to run around in a signal orange longsleeve against an enemy with head to toe camo, is an unfair advantage to the other guy. Being forced to overpay for add-on content for an early access game that may or may not ever be finished, or could be bankrupt and not developed or supported at any moment is a pretty shitty business model, at least from the consumers perspective. While the game is in this state, I would clearly have preferred that the people making skins for it, were doing so freely, because they have the time, skill and passion to be part of the community that strives to make this game better together, like most of the great modders on this forum. And when the game actually is officially released, and we get to know what kind of game it actually is, THEN we could revisit the paid content workshop.

I am not generally playing the game as it is meant, though...as I'm usually more of a creative builder. As such there are basically 3 plugins that has made me play this game past the 1000 hrs mark: copypaste, signartist and skins. Without the ability to continue on huge building projects through wipes, or without the ability create variety with a huge list of skins, I would have dropped this ages ago. In this mode the game actually has kind of a zen-like calm, as opposed to the PTSD paranoia inducing vanilla gamemode. I spent almost an entire day manually adding skins from the workshop to get this, and every time a skin gets accepted ingame, I sadly have to say goodbye to that skin in all my previous and future projects as it becomes a grey square in my skins plugin. Because paying for all of them, just isn't an option for me on a disability pension. And If I had money to throw away, I probably should upgrade my pc first, so I didn't have to play on anything less than the people who designs the skins, before I buy more of those. And to be honest: I would much rather donate any extra budget to the selfless modders here who donate so much of their time, knowledge and effort into making the game enjoyable for more than the saltiest PVP assholes who could have chosen about 9 billion other games to play to satisfy them.

So for me, the whole skin voting-thing has become a double edged sword; I want to support and vote up the good stuff, but then I probably can't use it anymore if they get overpriced. Catch 22. I would like to see this plug be able to do more than one large crate though, and because the preview pics are almost completely useless; the workshop description as well. Would make it much easier to find and vote for them on the workshop as well. And find the right number in the long config file to remove when it gets greyed out.

Phew....long post.. kind of hoping this game stays far away from becoming locked into being just one thing, and/or a DLC greedfest. Already had to stop playing 2 old favorites in 2017, GTA 5 and Secret world legends, because they have become greedfests of endless purchases. And seriously hope they go back on the anti-wallstacking bullshit, or someone here can make a mod to revert it. Half-walls were nice, but give us more build options, not less. The cabinet upkeep mechanic should be enough on it's own to force people to build more echonomically and use traps instead of stacking. But that is already quite far off-topic enough...so....nuff said. One for all, and all for one, Chemo.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2018
  3. show me a pay to win skin.Ive yet to see one and u the first person ive seen that claims some skins are PAY TO WIN.
    A skin is purely cosmetic,nothing else.

4. whatever i add in config file it seems as a blank item. Skin doesnt load.

5. Is there a config preset that anyone has? I don't feel like adding everything haha

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That would be around 30,000 skins. Sharing the "approved" skin lists here is not allowed, but you can share "unapproved" or self-made skins.

7. Do you know of where we can get the "approved" skin lists?

8. Anyone else not seeing their skins loading?

9. Yeah having issues, no skins loading after todays update.. I tried adding the // Reference: ApexShared but I have updated oxide anyway.. still no work

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Update Oxide and please read the Oxide changelog.

11. I'm also experiencing the same issue. Oxide is updated to the latest version. All items have a blue refresh icon over them but the custom skins never load.

12. Plugin needs to be updated as i staded before notling is reloading

13. @Wulf Gameservers says this is the latest update. This is what I'm running. Oxide 2 v2.0.3817

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That would be fine if you're having the ApexShared error with a plugin, otherwise skin loading is unrelated to Oxide.

15. Does anyone have a fix for the skin problem after last update

Attached Files:

16. Main receipt is patience with steam-workshop-handling by your inet-connection :)

17. I think you r saying it might be my internet speed but i highly doubt it and i am familiar with your collection .... I would love to know if anyone else is experiencing this

Attached Files:

18. Thats your home network speed?

19. pluginis being very buggy for me i can /skin but items dissapear and says not in loot table or just keeps sayign downloading