1. sauerkraut for experimental is further along because it has been released for a bit longer. They also have a few more active core developers, as their patcher has been released/open source from the beginning. Now that Oxide has released Oxide 2 along with the patcher publicly -- I suspect things here will move quickly. Oxide has always had a strong plugin base, once the plugin developers become more familiar with Oxide 2 things will pick up.

TL;DR -- Give Oxide 2 more time.

2. a haha got fucked!! we call methods differently now!
    global.ConsoleSystem.Broadcast("chat.add \"SERVER CONSOLE\" \"test has joined this world\"")

3. well all the best to everyone who is sorting this for us, ive used oxide from the start and wont change now.

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

5. don't spread lies please, magma/rust++ never sold anything, not even banner advertisements or server promotions.
    official? no mods are official.
    veggemite is a fork of magma for rust legacy, sauerkraut is a separate project for experimental - soon to be unrelated to veggemite

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Please keep the discussion to Oxide only, thanks. If you'd like to discuss your opinions on a particular project, please create a separate thread under Off Topic.

7. Thanks for branching out Oxide 2 with the first plugins :) , keep the good work up !

8. Hi, was there a new Rust Update which broke Oxide 2.0 ? Server doesn't work anymore after installing Oxide 2.0 on a fresh downloaded Server.

*Edit:

Issue found, had c# 2008 not 2012.

9. Please do support JS. It is a beautiful language =) Sorry for my English

10. hi my host added oxide today when i installed it seemed very fast compared to other oxide,
    my server is not in the modded section and it says install plugins to Release\server\plugins
    there is no plugins folder only my server identity, sorry for been a pain

11. Just open a Ticket, im still there ^^ , well i know your customer account, i fix that, its located in the wrong directory.

12. ok m8 thought it was me lol

13. Having some trouble with Step 4 in the instructions, saying I need to point it at your server directory.
    I am going to Build events in MVS 2013 and clicking Edit Post-Build

A pop-up comes up and I'm entering

"C:\steamcmd\steamapps\common\rust_dedicated\Release\RustDedicated.exe" $(TargetPath)

Does this syntax seam correct?

Upon the Compile Step, it seams to be opening the Rust_Dedicated.exe 3 different times, once i assume for each time i put in that target path.

Upon Completeing the steps fully the exe does not seam to run. i just have a Rust_Dedicated.exe in my Task Manager.

Is there some bit of code or like a "-" modifier i don't know, or is target path wrong?

Thanks in advanced.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2014
  14. hey looking to find out where to place my plugins after I have set it up. I'm running a successful server, and after looking through steamcmd/steamapps/common/rust_dedicated/release

i noticed that the only plugin folder is in release/rustdedicated_data
    however I was under the impression that there should be one in
    release/server,
    is it a capital P "Plugins, or lowercase plugins" with or without the s. thanks again.

15. That is the Plugins folder of Rust itself and you don't need to do anything with that folder. Basically after you've installed your Rust (Experimental) Dedicated Server and have added Oxide to it you should run it once. When you run it for the first time the Oxide folders will be automatically generated inside your server.identity folder (rust_dedicated/release/server/<your_server_identity>/oxide, there you'll notice a plugins folder where you have to put all your Oxide plugins.

16. Hi mate, the Post-build event command line should be as follows;

copy $(TargetPath) "C:\steamcmd\steamapps\common\RustDedicated_Data\Managed"

naturally replacing the path with your location of the experimental server

Cheers

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The source on GitHub doesn't actually contain that anymore, so it's up to you if you want it or not.

https://github.com/OxideMod/Oxide/c...ea5f#diff-311eba493fba83272af3dfe1d2dffb5bL66

18. Ok, I ran into a very strange issue with Oxide 2.0 on Server 2012 R2.
    [Oxide] 10:16 PM [Error] Failed to load plugin whitelist (Exception: Plugin is missing name)
    Same plugin loads fine on my local setup (on Windows 7).
    Code:
    [Oxide] 10:18 PM [Debug]   at Oxide.Lua.Plugins.LuaPlugin.Load () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Lua.Plugins.LuaPluginLoader.Load (System.String directory, System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.OxideMod.LoadAllPlugins () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2014
  19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You are using an outdated version of Oxide.

20. How embarrassing.. Opps.. Thanks..