1. Will be oxide on new fixed versions of rust dedicated server? (v52)

2. ye i would like to know that too[DOUBLEPOST=1413660357,1413652027][/DOUBLEPOST]Ive searched all over anyone know of another place that you can get more info on new oxide been fixed ?

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The latest server version is v47, not v52 like the client. You can get a test build from here: https://github.com/github.com/OxideMod/Snapshots.

4. -uK

-uK

Thanks for the update @Wulf
    Keep up the good work!

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Just a note that with the latest update, the ModifyTags hooks seems to not be working. @thomasfn will have to take a look at it when he is around.[DOUBLEPOST=1413667366][/DOUBLEPOST]Update: New build will be up shortly at https://github.com/github.com/OxideMod/Snapshots that should fix the issue mentioned above. Thanks @Mughisi.

6. hey thanks again for the compile help, it will come in handy for Mod development for me later on,

A quick note, just updated to the Oxide-2/tree/Snapshots/v47
    and I seam to have no Rocks or Tress dropping at all, as well as ground collisions being an issue.

Ground Collisions issues, can't place foundations or campfire/furnaces on the ground, Air drop falls straight through the ground.

Running Windows 7 x64
    Fresh Server install
    Redownloaded steamcmd app,
    Same issues.

Thanks again for all the work and keeping up to date on this ever changing project!
    If more information can be provided I will submit anything requested.

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Sounds like an issue with the server itself, not Oxide. Oxide doesn't modify your world or map. Make sure your server is updated too before installing that build, as it's only meant for Rust server v47. It's quite possible that the Rust update has issues as well, which is very likely. Rust Experimental is far from being free of bugs or errors just yet.

Edit: Placing foundations and campfires works just fine for me on the latest. I also see rocks, though they are sparse. Everything behaves the same between Rust vanilla and Rust with Oxide.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  8. Ok must be an issue on my side, apologies for posting something that wasn't really an oxide issue.

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

No problem. I'd suggest trying a clean install, or going back to an older Rust server version if you are able to test and see if it makes a difference for you.

10. is there a command that shows the available commands to players like in the legacy version how it was /help ?

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Legacy never had that, that was a plugin. Only plugins that supplied help would show under that as well, unless you used a custom setup and wrote all the help yourself. For Oxide 2, you could use a plugin such as http://oxidemod.org/resources/custom-chat-commands.649/ and write them manually.

12. Sorry it took a while, repo updated to v47.

13. ahh ok thank you

14. Just a heads up...servers seem to be "popping" today because of an infinite spawn issues with speed trees...the forests are over-taking everything. So I would expect a patch to 47 shortly :)

15. Hi,

i guess you already know server v55 is out ? If not, i just wanted to mention it.

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

We'll get an update out shortly. Just got home. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1413830345][/DOUBLEPOST]Update available for testing with Rust server v55: https://github.com/github.com/OxideMod/Snapshots

17. Anyone come up with the best way to re-start a local server beside killing it and run bat again?

I guess I should have made this a little more clear. Sometimes when I quit...the server is still listed.

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The only way is either killing it or using the quit command, and then manually restarting it or having a watchdog script or app setup to restart it.

19. Is there some kind of "howto" out there for oxide 2.0 or the folder structure on my Server. Is it like the old one with /save and /plugins ?