1. Whoopie.. Finally sorted out what branch to download the server files from..
    Therefore... I got Oxide-2 setup in my local dev environment..
    Can't wait for the patcher tool to be released publicly..

2. Thomas, Wulf, et al...

Does it make sense to suggest ideas for the Oxide 2.0 layer here? Do we want to start a new discussion thread for it?

Either way I am interested in discussing some standardized objects for persisting our object information (i.e. stream the classes to disk in xml). It might be beneficial to have a standard process for reading and writing plugin data. Previously there were variations in how the data was stored and if your plugin wanted to leverage information from another source a few times you had to write custom interface to bring in that data.

Another area of discussion might be what is the best practice for handling multi-language? On my legacy server I supported 4 languages. This is another area that could use some standardization so if you wanted to augment another plugin to support multi-language you would have a blueprint to do that.

Maybe a lot of this could be handled with a "snippets" area? Where we could share core routines for process and activity we all should support? Be a great spot to show best practices to help developers understand the best way to do things and make some of the more mundane aspect of the plugins just copy/paste.

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Many of the ideas you have would already likely be open requests. http://oxidemod.org/forums/oxide-core-feature-requests.6/

Keep in mind that a lot of the existing feature requests will become obsolete with Oxide 2.0, so I'll likely be cleaning those up sometime soon.

4. assume we are going to have a 2.0 feature request area as well...

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You can post there for now and just note that it is for 2.0. As I said, I'll be cleaning up the old that are either already possible in 2.0 or no longer relevant.

6. Where should we be posting plugin dev questions about Oxide 2.0?
    Here in this thread?

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

For now this is fine. What questions do you have?

8. I am wondering at the moment how I would get a connecting user's steamid.

9. Decompile the connection class and see if the steamID is stored on it and retrieve it like you normally would in 1.8

Fields yo...try userid/ownerid

public bool connected;
    public int authLevel;
    public bool rejected;
    public string authStatus;
    public int ping;
    public ulong userid;
    public ulong ownerid;
    public string username;
    public string os;
    public float connectionTime;
    public string ipaddress;

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2014
  10. I am now experiencing the follow error after I load RustDedicated.exe. I am using the batch file loader as described in Mughisi's post. Everything was working fine.

Now I get: HDR RenderTexture format is not supported on this platform and the server crashes.

Anyone run into this error before. I searched on Google, etc...didn't find anything useful.

Thanks.

11. I'm fairly sure that error is harmless. Make sure that the RustDedicated.exe process has been stopped after it crashes via the task manager, then check both your Oxide logs and your normal server log to see if there are any other errors.

12. will do, thanks.

13. Whn you realise more hooks like sauerkraut?
    Your platform better, so why number or hoos much less?

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

This is an alpha build, not complete.

15. I know, sure. Alpha, not finished, still a lot of bugs, but... They're have hooks, oxide don't. Sad:(

16. Give it time.. We'll get more hooks.. Especially once the patcher is released.

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

18. Thanks.

19. Maybe some other important commands:
    Code:
    ownerid "UID" "Name" "Reason"
    moderatorid "UID" "Name" "Reason"
    (only the UID matters)

and ofcourse the ingame command when you're flagged moderator, inventory.give and a list of the names of the items to spawn them:
    Item list

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2015
  20. Are webrequests and timers still avaible?