Running Man

Plugin Runnung Man

Total Downloads: 3,845 - First Release: Jan 16, 2015 - Last Update: Mar 4, 2018

4.9/5, 20 likes
  1. Try to update your oxide, Wulf made an update

2. Thanks sami. I'll install the new Oxide tomorrow after the wipe and test the mod then. Thanks for your attention to my issue!

3. I wiped and updated Oxide. It appears I get the same error :(
    Code:
    (20:45:36) | Failed to initialize plugin 'RunningMan v1.4.8' (JsonReaderException: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: {. Path 'Config', line 2, position 13.)
    (20:45:36) | at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ReadStringValue (ReadType readType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ReadAsString () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.ReadForType (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContract contract, Boolean hasConverter) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateDictionary (IDictionary dictionary, Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonDictionaryContract contract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty containerProperty, System.String id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    (20:45:36) | [RunningMan] Economics not found!
    (20:45:36) | Unloaded plugin RunningMan v1.4.8 by sami37 - Мизантроп
    (20:45:36) | No previous version to rollback plugin: RunningMan

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2017
  4. In what order are you cleaning the file ?
    You have to delete plugin first and then the rest of file

5. Turns out I wasn't deleting the language file. I didn't realize there was one. It seems to be working now!

6. For some reason, people who survive get rewards, but the people who kill the running man don't. Here's my config:
    Code:
    {
    "Config": {
        "Reward": {
          "Random": "false",
          "RewardFixing": "wood",
          "RewardFixingAmount": 10000
        }
      },
      "Default": {
        "authLevel": 1,
        "AutoStart": "true",
        "ChatName": "RUNNING MAN",
        "Count": 2,
        "DisconnectPendingTimer": 30,
        "Excluded auth level": 1,
        "PauseeventTime": 30,
        "StarteventTime": 30
      }
    }

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2017
  7. I'll check reward system when I am back to home

8. Thanks I'll test it hopefully some time tonight.

Suggestion. I believe when the event is on, you can type /run and see information on time and distance of the person, but unless I'm missing something is appears hard to locate the runner.

I'm thinking that giving the hunter a better understanding of where the person is generally might be a good idea even if it's just a direction like east or west or a temporary arrow that shows on screen.

9. Thanks for feedback, i'll add more info about position in the next update

10. Thank you for your great work! :)

11. Can anyone send an example for the rewards with more items than the default ?

12. You can use the command to add rewards everything is explain in the overview

Code:
    {
      "Karma": {
        "RewardItems": {
          "Karma": {
            "MinValue": 0,
            "MaxValue": 1
          }
        }
      },
      "build": {
          "wood": {
            "MinValue": 1000,
            "MaxValue": 10000
          },
          "stones": {
            "MinValue": 1000,
            "MaxValue": 10000
          }
        }
      },
    "Weapon": {
          "Rifle.bolt": {
            "MinValue": 0,
            "MaxValue": 1
          }
        },
          "ammo.rifle": {
            "MinValue": 10,
            "MaxValue": 100
          }
        }
      }
    }

13. ok thx =)

14. I saw this in my console. Thing is, I noticed 'Isuelt - The Builder', the player rewarded for running away, had disconnect from the server about 15 minutes prior. I can't verify they received an award, but it suggests they did.

(00:00:47) | [RunningMan] [EVENT] +--------------- RUNNING MAN -----------------
    (00:00:47) | [RunningMan] [EVENT] | Running man - Isuelt - The Builder ran away from the chase and received as a reward!
    (00:00:47) | [RunningMan] [EVENT] +---------------------------------------------
    (00:00:47) | [RunningMan] [EVENT] +--------------- RUNNING MAN -----------------
    (00:00:47) | [RunningMan] [EVENT] | random
    (00:00:47) | [RunningMan] [EVENT] +---------------------------------------------
    (00:00:47) | [RunningMan] [EVENT] | timer eventstart stopped

15. Continue to love the plugin :)

Suggestion: It would be awesome if the plugin allowed setting different rewards for each side. For instance, rewards could be set for the person who gets away and the person who catches the running man. It's a little easier for the person running away.

16. Any way to add a function where the mod does not tell the other players where the running man is? i like the event but dont want players home locations given out. id rather they only win if can find them on their own/know where they already are.

17. Well, i can add a perm for it if it's easier for you

You mean seperate reward list from killer and runner?

18. a perm for the entire event? or for knowing where they are?
    i want the players to be able to do running man, like it announce a name and people have to track them down. but without it telling them how far away the running man is. i dont want them to know where on map they are. unless they find them themselves or happen to know already. if you can do that, thatd be awesome :)

19. ah ok i understand your need now, i'll add a config part for it