Portals

Create portals allowing players to walk through to another location

Total Downloads: 3,736 - First Release: Jul 16, 2015 - Last Update: Nov 23, 2017

5/5, 17 likes
  1. thanks Mughisi! Happy New year!

2. For some odd reason Portals just stopped working? It saying it's working fine, and all the commands work. However when I place an portal down it says its there but it doesn't actually teleport me? Also the portal bubble doesn't show up...

I've tried reinstalling the plugin, reloading it, and remaking the portal..

3. Nvm this post may be deleted.

4. Portal bubbles no longer appear for me, but portals still work. Would be nice to be able to define this per portal as well if it is visible (maybe even with a few different models?), or not. Also wondering if it would be possible to teleport w/o going to "sleep" and having to wake up after arrival. (Would also be nice to define this sleepstate sometimes, but most of the time awake should be default, if at all possible. A custom loadscreen to replace the standard generic one would be an awesome bonus, maybe even with animation/video/sound? It would also be good to be able to give a set limit number of permissions for any given player, so we could use it with npc's or quest related stuff where they could get access by completing some pre-requisite condition or task. Very useful mod, especially for transporting players to arena'a or dungeons.. :)

5. I there a way to change the default teleport time instead of having to go back and edit the data file?
    I would be interested in the ability to set one entrance with multiple randomized exits.

6. And vice versa.

7. Duplicate permission registered 'portals.use' (by plugin 'Portals')
    I have been getting this error pretty much since I put it in and gave permissions.
    I've revoked everyone/every group from this permission and still get the error.
    I'm using the latest Oxide and Portals plug in

8. is it possible to make several exits to one entrance?

9. Get this error after latest rust update.
    Code:
    Failed to call hook 'cmdPortal' on plugin 'Portals v2.0.5' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)   at Oxide.Plugins.Portals+PortalInfo.Find (System.String ID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0   at Oxide.Plugins.Portals.cmdPortal (.BasePlayer player, System.String cmd, System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0   at Oxide.Plugins.Portals.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0   at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (Oxide.Core.Plugins.HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0   at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0   at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hook, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2018
  10. Hiya can someone please help , new to running a server and iam trying to set up a portal
    i ve type in f1 consol oxide.grant user geordie_smurf portals.admin .
    it say granted portals permission in yellow

after setting a portal i ve checked the config file as mentioned and its visable but when i try to enter is says i do not have permission :(
    also after setting portal enterence its says portal enterance set at this location then in another sentance it says u dont have permission to use this ..
    hope u can help out as iam on my four install of the plug and car nt get it working

hope u can help (pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease )

11. You need the permission portals.use to use portals.

12. Does the portal entrance show up on the in-game map?

• "Open the Datafile and change other details of the Portal, for example "the radius", in which it teleports people. "
    Sooo how do I change the radius??

[
    {
    "ID": "South",
    "Entrance": {
    "Location": {
    "_location": "-286.2624 19.25261 795.2842"
    }
    },
    "Exit": {
    "_location": "161.9631 48.05077 -707.3938"
    }
    },
    "OneWay": true,
    "TeleportationTime": 5.0,
    "RequiredPermission": "portals.use"
    }
    ]

13. I'm sorry, the radius option is not a thing in the current version of Portals.

14. Has anyone associated a cost with this plugin, for example, deduct 5RP per portal use?

15. @LaserHydra hello! got this error after wipe

Code:
    (21:16:21) | Failed to call hook 'cmdPortal' on plugin 'Portals v2.0.5' (JsonSerializationException: Additional text found in JSON string after finishing deserializing object.)
      at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Looks like an error in your config or data file for the plugin.

17. Hello Wulf, i have delete before posting, portal.cs data & .json file.. i have tried again before posting, style not work. But when i use /portal entrance name, its write in the data .json and its working.
    the /portal entrance name work, but everytime i putt the /portal entrance i have an error in my console. When you enter in the portal location its not working. I dont know u know what i mean..? Thanks again Wulf.
    Code:
    [
      {
        "ID": "Portal1",
        "Entrance": {
            "_location": "184.2504 12.07881 620.4014"
          }
        },
        "Exit": {
            "_location": "-1186.009 41.64634 -162.4099"
          }
        },
        "OneWay": true,
        "TeleportationTime": 5.0,
        "RequiredPermission": "portals.use"
      }
    ]

18. Anyone else have issues after today's update to oxide and rust?

19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Could you provide details on what issues you are having exactly?