Portals

Create portals allowing players to walk through to another location

Total Downloads: 3,736 - First Release: Jul 16, 2015 - Last Update: Nov 23, 2017

5/5, 17 likes

• Good evening, where you have to type or paste, I can not put portals writes need permission! portaly.admin needed to / Portal Team portaly.ispolzovat standard permits the use of portals (can be customized to the portal ... / oxide / data / portalami.v json)

1. Is there a way to make the portals invisible?

2. Currently not.

3. Is there a way to teleport onHit? e.g A Wall, not a player. @LaserHydra

4. Love the concept of this plugin, but I can't seem to get it to work. New to this so please be gentle with me. When I load the plugin and look at the josn it is blank save for [] at the top left corner. So I placed the portal.admin line between them and then I get a whole bunch of json erros on the server. I tried oxide. unload/load and it still does not work. What am I doing wrong? Please.

5. I would love it if you could make this plugin allow multiple entrances to one exit.
    ie: I build teleportation stations on my maps. Each one has a teleport to the airfield. There's only one airfield so thus only one /portal exit airfield. But I would like to be able to have multiple entrances to that same exit. Is there anyway to do this?
    It would make it alot easier.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1484407492][/DOUBLEPOST]Perhaps you could have another command that appends the entrance part of the data file instead of replaces? and would the plugin still operate correctly with multiple entrances in the data file?

6. please delete wrong window open

7. since it seems the Dev doesn't want to answer my question can someone else that has gotten this plug in to work help me out?

8. You don't edit the actual plugin. You shouldn't need to edit anything with this plugin. You can do all you need in the game console and in-game chat.
    Delete the plugin you edited, and put a fresh copy in the plugins folder. (fresh? yeah, redownload if necessary and put it in your plugins folder).

Before you can use it, you have to grant permissions for it. For example, on my server, admins can create portals, but everyone can use them.
    In your server console, or your game console (if you are admin), type grant group admin portals.admin or if you want to be the only one who can create portals, then grant user <your steam id> portals.admin
    Don't put the <> around your steam id
    Then to allow everyone to actually use the portals (not create or edit, but just use them): grant group default portals.use

Now that you have permission to create them, in the game, run to where you want the entrance of your portal to be and type in game chat:
    /portal entrance <name>
    name
    is whatever you want to name it. Again, don't put the <> around whatever you name it.
    Then go to where you want the portal to exit:
    /portal exit <name>
    Put the same name you did for the entrance.

I've learned you can only have one entrance, one exit. So no multiple entrances to one exit (which would be nice, hope to see it in an update)

9. Thank you so much. That was a big help.

10. I was wondering if it is possible to connect multi portals together and let players choose where they are going to.

11. nope...

12. thanks, I have just finished reading the previous posts. and same here, I made a port station at the center of my map and it is a lot of work.

13. I agree. It'd be nice to be able to have multiple entrances point to one exit. It would save alot of time.

14. you can just do that by
    1. creating all your entrance points,
    2. edit the Portals.json file and copy/paste the desired exit coordinates for each entrance
    --------
    You have to change the last digit, as it doesn't work if you use the EXACT coordinates. With just a few exit nodes there won't be any additional domes visible...

Has anyone been able to get two-way portals working? When i change the value "OneWay" to false, the portals show up, but they aren't working anymore at all. That is, even the ones where oneWay is left at 'true' stop working, but all bubbles are still showing...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2017
  15. I tried your first 2 steps before. I understand what you're saying that the exit coordinates can't be exact, so just having one digit slightly changed will give the appearance of one exit portal.
    The problem with that is, it won't actually be one exit portal, so it wouldn't really save time like having the ability to point to a singular exit portal. I might as well just keep doing my two way portals.

For your question, make sure you reload the plugin. In fact, I do it twice. Sometimes the first time I reload it, it doesn't quite seem right, but when i reload it the 2nd time, all is well.

16. Fair enough, I still find it easier with the cut/paste, but I suppose it depends on the number of nodes connected.
    Awesome! after reloading a few times, it did finally work. Odd, how it needs more than one reload, but not a big deal :)

17. How it works:
    • Go into the Config and change other details of the Portal, for example the radius, in which it teleports people.

Where is this radius setting the overview speaks of?

18. It was moved to oxide/data/Portals.json

19. Code:
    [
      {
        "ID": "lifeguard",
        "Entrance": {
          "Location": {
            "_location": "-1975.474 0.7062771 -1970.009"
          }
        },
        "Exit": {
          "Location": {
            "_location": "-1940.853 1.252919 -1971.053"
          }
        },
        "OneWay": true,
        "TeleportationTime": 5.0,
        "RequiredPermission": "portals.use"
      }
    ]
    That's all that is in oxide/data/portals.json

I found this initially when looking for radius, but I don't see anything about radius there, or on the overview...
    Aside from that one line I previously referred to.

Thanks, sorry to be a bother ^.^

p.Sphere.currentRadius = 2;

Found that in portals.cs, but nothing else relating to it. I could change it, reload, and create my portal and I'd guess it'd have the desired effect?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2017