1. Any chance we might see oxide support sometime in the future for ARK? Know its not even released yet, but just wondering if any of the main devs have taken a interest and perhaps making plans ;).
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/346110

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It's on the list. ;)

3. Awesome! See your seeking a copy of Subnautica. Know a couple of the devs, will see if I can snag you a copy :).

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Not a huge rush on it yet, no way to add multiplayer to it currently, and native multiplayer isn't there yet.

5. ARK: SE looks like an Unreal Engine 4 game, so Oxide support isn't going to happen sadly.

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

There are a few other Unreal games we are looking into actually. Do you know what language it actually uses? We've made a few tools to unpack exes from other games already.

7. Either Blueprints which are compiled into their own bytecode, or raw C++ which is compiled. There's no .Net integration at all, so nothing to patch. It might be possible to create a UE4 plugin in C++ which binds mono or maybe Microsoft's new OSS .Net stuff to it and loads Oxide in that way, but you lose all automation that libraries like NLua and Jint provide - you'd need to reverse engineer the compiled C++ dlls, work out symbols and classes, recreate header files then bind those to Mono/.Net classes - it's a huge amount of work and there's no guarantee that it will pay off and even work. The advantage is, if it did work, a patcher could potentially be built for UE4 games.

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Sounds like it's right up our alley!

9. What, taking on massive projects that we don't have the manpower or time to complete and somehow pulling through?

You make a fair point my good sir

Thinking about it some more, it might be possible to automate some of the hard work using UE4's reflection system, but I don't know enough about the UE4 internals to know for sure. Perhaps there's someone here in the forums with the bit of UE4 engine experience?

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Yeah, it'll take some thinking and a bit of tinkering. I'm sure we could come up with the tools to handle it all, just a matter of time and manpower as you mentioned.

11. Ark live today! Can we get some plugins already! :D

12. Some of us will need the game first so that we can look into patching the server files ;)

13. It will be a month atleast I would say before anything is even remotely possible. Maybe even longer or not at all.

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The game uses the Unreal engine and C++, so it won't happen overnight. We'd need the game first too.

15. Just picked up a server & the game. Hopeful for an oxide mod :)

16. i know oxide runs on unity 5, but i was wondering if you guys will end up making something to ark which runs on the unreal engine.

ark is looking to be a big game and i plan on running a server for it, would be great to only go to one place for mods.

17. We certainly will have a look and try to support modding for ARK, but it won't happen over night. And we'll need to get the game first as well :p

18. Are there other big UE4 games that people would want Oxide support for?

19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

GRAV might be worth looking at. Planets Cube is a little one that looks neat too. I'm sure you could find many other Unreal games, they certainly aren't in short supply.

20. Grav is awesome!!! pvp pve survival craft base building really cool game. ARK is a great game. i also am looking into modin my server