1. ???...

2. @MonkeY12 changes are on the development branch of oxide now. You should be able to use Oxide Rcon with RustAdmin or any other rust rcon client here shortly. A quick note when using it.

1. Since the Rust Rcon clients are meant for Rust not all features will work.

2. Player List will populate but connected time will stay at 0 till support is added for that.

3. Kick and Ban should work as normal. (May be bugs) also will only ban on the in-game banlist unless a plugin overrides it with OnIServerCommand hook. <- may change

I've tested with Hurtworld and everything works great. Though still best results will only show for games oxides Covalence API is fully implemented.

3. sorry for this.. but i dont understand where to put the new oxide to this work.

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

What new Oxide? The paths are described in the first post, nothing has changed with how Oxide is installed.

5. Then My oxide doesent work.

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I'd recommend creating a new thread with logs, details etc.

7. sry i dont understand what to doo. I download the oxide, put into the server location C:\rustserver and then?

8. Would using just TruePVE consider that a modded server? This does effect gameplay but in a sense should reflect the already native PVE system.

Thoughts?

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Anything that would change mechanics is something Facepunch would consider modded. Basically anything that is visually different or changes the gameplay in some way would be modded.

10. So I can run oxide and keep my server vanilla only using admin tools such as advanced logging, invisible plugin? What about a ranks plugin? Which will allow me to give "powered users" more commands?

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Chat commands are disabled for non-admin if you have your server set to not be modded. Facepunch allows modded servers to be "vanilla" mainly for admin tools and things that do not visually change the game or its mechanics.

12. Hey Wulf, long time no see, My pc was no longer strong enough for Rust so I had to upgrade, and now everything changed on me. I want my folders to stay the old way, sounds less complex than changing, so i entered what you said into the config, and wanted to make sure i entered it right. please advise? thanks!

-batchmode +server.ip 68.232.178.205 +server.port 28016 +server.level "Procedural Map" +server.seed 2171120 +server.maxplayers 50 +server.hostname "tRust me" +server.identity "1232387" +rcon.ip 0.0.0.0 +rcon.port 28018 +server.description "We are back!!! :) Join us for all the best plugins! Friendly PVP" +server.headerimage "http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m305/sane2punk2/Rust/rust logo red and black 2.png" -server.worldsize 6000 +rcon.password 1232387 +query_port 28017 +oxide.directory "server/1232387/oxide" -nologs -load

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Yup, that should be fine. You can remove -load too, that hasn't been used in probably a year or more by Rust.

14. Thanks i wanted to be sure :)
    I removed load once after reading that, and my server was acting funny. it could of been a coincidence but it seemed to help when i readded it. lol.
    i cant really remember the circumstances nowadays though. ill try it without it again. thanks again!!!

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The only thing "load" will do is throw a warning because Oxide thinks you're trying to load a plugin. ;)

16. Remove +query_port its not used and check your hostname you might of made a mistake with the first letter

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2017
  17. host name? you mean tRust? that is purposeful.
    i will remove query port, ty.

18. @BeautyKilled change ur rcon password after u showed it up here =]

19. that isnt my real pw but thank you :)

20. Hi everybody, i'm back for a local server for the moment.

Too many changes on Rust and Oxide x)

First, great work to Oxide and Plugin Developer.

Second, i've a problem, with my local server, i add +oxide.directory "My/Path" and my plugins don't works and maybe Oxide too because i don't have any folder named "Oxide"and my server is on community tab

Don t work If I reinstall Rust and Oxide without Oxide.directory too

Maybe someone have an idea ?

Thx :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2017