1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You don't need the +oxide.directory command at all if you are using the oxide/plugins folder in your server's root.

2. Never mind I got it to work but how do I get it to stop loading 1% 2% 100% thing?

3. Its meant to do that it will stop

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That's from Rust, it's the Navmesh and such generating.

5. how do I stop it, it takes too long to load up my server

6. in server.cfg file put
    Code:
    nav_disable true
    nav_wait false

7. I have a problem with oxide, because today when I downloaded it I only got 3 files and according to other tutorials and stuff, I should get 7 files when downloading it. Thoose files I got was "RustDedicated_Data", "_start-example.bat" and "_start-example.sh". When I extract the files into my server root and overwrite everything, then start the server, there is no oxide folder being created in my server's identity folder where I am supposed to put all the plugins. Please help or solution!?

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The folder wouldn't be under your server identity by default, which is what this thread you posted under talks about. Did you look in your server's main directory?

9. 2 file 1 folder so its correct

10. Oh I found it now it was above the RustDedicated_Data folder, though my question is, should I left it there or put it somewhere else?

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It's not inside RustDedicated_Data (that is a folder for Unity, not Oxide), it'd be where RustDedicated.exe is. It'd be in your root location as mentioned or where you set it to per instructions in the first post of this thread.

12. No, I meant that the oxide folder that I didnt find first was in the main directory (Yes, where RustDedicated.exe is) as you mentioned before I just didn't see it. But I my question now is just if I should leave it where it is now or move it somewhere else, and if so, where?

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That's up to you, no reason to move it though really.

14. Ok, but which batchfile should I use when I start my server? The one I created manually (rustserver.bat) or the one that came with oxide (_start-example.bat)? And if I leave the oxide folder where it is, will it effect how the server finds the plugins and stuff, I mean will it struggle more?

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Whichever one you'd like, neither will change the location unless you specifically set what is mentioned in the first post of this thread.

16. +oxide.directory "server/{server.identity}/oxide"

If I put this codeline in my manually created batch file (rustserver.bat) will it then automatically move the oxide folder to this batch file's identity folder?

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It won't move anything, it'd just look there for the files instead.

18. Okay but is there anything that I have to edit in this command before I put it in the batchfile (+oxide.directory "server/{server.identity}/oxide")?

And if I use the manually created batchfile, will I still be able to use plugins?

19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

No, that's what you'd use. You're overthinking the whole process, just use it or don't use it, it's not going to blow up anything. :p

20. Ok, I will try it.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2017