Logger

Moved

Total Downloads: 3,431 - First Release: Oct 22, 2014 - Last Update: Dec 12, 2017

5/5, 24 likes
  1. Mmmm i have a dedicated host and atm just the logger is giving me such times :S when i remove it its gone or atleast it seems like .
    Now just getting long times on players joinings [Oxide] 17:15 [Warning] Calling 'OnPlayerInit' on 'RustIO v2.8.0' took 681ms
    and on saves with pets plugin but really low ms.
    [Oxide] 17:24 [Warning] Calling 'OnServerSave' on 'Pets v0.5.3' took 232ms
    Saved 86,935 ents, serialization(0.01), write(0.03), disk(0.01) totalstall(0.06).

Maybe the server was laggy?? i restarted it but logger keeped the same :S

Im not sure about my host spec but the procesor doesnt pass the 20% of his total load and i have unlimited Memory Ram

Thx for the support

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Logger writes to files a lot, so the hard drive is more of an issue than anything else. With there being other warnings, it makes it look like your server may have some issues.

3. Ok u have some idea if its cause my server have many building already? or server is experiencing some issues? im contacting them now anyway thx gonna see if theres a way to check HardDrive usage.

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It's hard for me to tell, but I'd recommend unloading some plugins and seeing how it performs.

5. I already did but thing is going worse i think is host problem, they ahvent response yet. thx

6. Ok everything is ok now ,i think it was server problem cause i didnt take off more plugins and server is working well. (when it was fcked it took 30 mins to restart now it takes 5 mins so sure it was server problem).

And about logs, should i delete them each some days?? or keep them and delete on wipe?

7. my console gets bombed with debug informations :
    Code:
    [06/18/2016 08:03:03] [Oxide] 08:03 [Debug] at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream:.ctor (string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare)
    at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor (System.String path, Boolean append, System.Text.Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor (System.String path, Boolean append) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.StreamWriter:.ctor (string,bool)
    at System.IO.File.AppendAllText (System.String path, System.String contents) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at ConVar.Server.Log (System.String strFilename, System.String strMessage) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.Logger.LogToFile (System.String fileName, System.String text) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.Logger.OnServerCommand (.Arg arg) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.Logger.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2016
  8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Please check the error above that.

9. ok found it
    the logger wants to add the log in the path
    server\my_server_identity\oxide\logs\logger-commands_2016-06-18.txt
    i had to create the folders "oxide" and "logs" they didnt exist on our server

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The plugin logs to your server's path. If the oxide and logs folder didn't exist, then did you change it in the oxide.root.json or via your .bat?

11. its not my server , dont know how it was configured by the owner or gamehoster ,

but i think its the oxide.root.json

content of it :

{
    "ExtensionDirectory": "RustDedicated_Data\\Managed",
    "PluginDirectory": "plugins",
    "ConfigDirectory": "config",
    "DataDirectory": "data",
    "LogDirectory": "logs",
    "TempDirectory": "temp",
    "InstanceCommandLines":
    [
    "{oxide.directory}",
    "server"
    ]
    }

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Yeah, they customized the config to a non-standard location.

See https://raw.githubusercontent.com/O...Unity/Oxide.Game.Rust/Patched/oxide.root.json

13. Would it be possible to add logging of items taken and put into a chest?

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I was planning on adding a lot more logging options, just haven't had time yet.

15. Look forward to future updates. Thanks! Would be useful to have now, as I have a situation that would require this, lel.

16. Where does it log the chat?

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

oxide/logs

18. oxide_06-07-2016.txt there?

19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

No, it'd be logger-chat_2016-07-05.txt and such.