1. I think LGSM is messed up.

I tried adjusting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and copying steamclient.so to the x86_64 dir but it was still shutting down. I was using LGSM and oddly if i try to make LGSM start in debug mode, it does start up, but without oxide apparently. I had to manually start the server from the command line to get it to stay on and work like its supposed to.

2. Could you please explain how you manually started the server from commandline?, thanks.

3. The pathnames for you would be slightly different, but something like:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/username/bin/serverfiles/RustDedicated_Data/Plugins/x86_64
    cd /home/username/bin/serverfiles
    /home/username/bin/serverfiles/RustDedicated -batchmode +server.ip 1.2.3.4 +server.port 7777 +server.tickrate 30 +server.hostname "servername" +server.identity "rust-server" +server.seed 1234 +server.maxplayers 69 +server.worldsize 2500 +server.saveinterval 300 +rcon.ip 1.2.3.4 +rcon.port 7779 +rcon.password "password" -logfile "gamelog.log"

if you start LGSM in debug mode, it shows you the commandline for your setup.

Note I did have to cd into the root of the gameserver for it to work, or it did still shut down, that might be key, but I haven't experimented.

4. After server starting and running after a while, it stops somehow... So in logs I found this as last message:

Code:
    Function SoundManager* GetSoundManager() may only be called from main thread!
    (Filename:  Line: 25)Function SoundHandle SoundManager::IntegrateFMODSound(SoundHandle::Instance*, const StreamedResource&, UInt32, int, SoundHandleShared::LoadState) may only be called from main thread!
    (Filename:  Line: 25)Function SoundHandle::~SoundHandle() may only be called from main thread!
    (Filename:  Line: 25)Function void SoundHandle::Instance::ReleaseIfNotReferenced() may only be called from main thread!
    (Filename:  Line: 25)
    Any ideas whats wrong?!

5. I have this error with your setup:

Aborted (core dumped)

Thanks

6. All I can say is that's what it did to me when I wasn't cd'ed into the right directory (serverfiles) when I started the server.

Besides that, I'm not sure. Make sure you have the correct new oxide installed. I'm assuming if its a new problem, that its not the OVH custom kernel problem.

7. Atm I dont have Oxide installed, and my server is hosted in soyoustart (OVH) :p

8. change your line to export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/rust2/serverfiles:/home/rust2/serverfiles/RustDedicated_Data/Plugins/x86_64:{$LD_LIBRARY_PATH};

then backup and delete any .sav files in your server identity's folder. try that

I'm using lsgm on deb 8 and I just added mine to the top of the rustserver executable. bada bing bada boom

9. Nothing :(, I dont have any .sav file:

[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.

Native stacktrace:

Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 252490
    /home/rust2/serverfiles/RustDedicated_Data/Mono/x86_64/libmono.so(+0x91a46) [0x700725eaba46]
    /home/rust2/serverfiles/RustDedicated_Data/Mono/x86_64/libmono.so(+0x348a5) [0x700725e4e8a5]
    /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0(+0x113e0) [0x7007288b23e0]
    /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(readdir+0x29) [0x700727af6899]
    /home/rust2/serverfiles/steamclient.so(+0xa89a30) [0x7005fc19da30]
    /home/rust2/serverfiles/steamclient.so(+0xa8a756) [0x7005fc19e756]
    /home/rust2/serverfiles/steamclient.so(+0x6a1800) [0x7005fbdb5800]
    /home/rust2/serverfiles/steamclient.so(+0x93964a) [0x7005fc04d64a]
    /home/rust2/serverfiles/steamclient.so(+0x938743) [0x7005fc04c743]
    /home/rust2/serverfiles/steamclient.so(+0x938975) [0x7005fc04c975]
    /home/rust2/serverfiles/steamclient.so(+0x93a8f2) [0x7005fc04e8f2]
    /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0(+0x770a) [0x7007288a870a]
    /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(clone+0x6d) [0x700727b3582d]

=================================================================
    Got a SIGSEGV while executing native code. This usually indicates
    a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries
    used by your application.
    =================================================================

:(

10. I don't know the current state of the OVH kernel issue, but I know it used to be a problem. You want to be running the normal generic kernel, I know you have an option to do that when you image your machine. You can change it without reimaging but I couldn't tell you how off the top of my head.

11. i update my line with ++++ /Plugins/x86_64:{$LD_LIBRARY_PATH};
    serwer worked but still dont on a list ;(
    only F1 and connect

12. Thank you, the server was working till this update, I think we can discard kernel issue (I hope...), I'll be here updating to see if somebody finds a solution, thanks.

13. After test in root ... it's ok the server run normally but is not secure ... perfect ^^ i will waiting ^^

In resume :
    I start my server with this .sh directly inside the folder "serverfiles" where i have all rust files and folder.
    This is available only in root ^^ (I hate that but for this moment ...)

Attached Files:

14. Have you tried saving your oxide dir and doing a fresh install and doing a basic repository update of all of your compilers and libs? Either that or using the -force-update or -validate with lsgm.

15. Ok - Starting the server as root isn't the best solution, but at least it works.

I'm gonna start the server as root until they fixed that problem.

And yes - I've already tried a fresh install etc.

16. [ FAIL ] Stopping rust-server: Do NOT run this script as root!
    How do you fix this?

17. Idk - I'm not using LGSM
    Maybe remove the check if you're root in the .sh file? Dont know tho..

18. Hi ,

Help me please my error is :
    steamclient.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    [S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; unable to locate a running instance of Steam, or a local steamclient.so.
    eac_server.so [x64] :: OnLoad()

I have :
    System (OS) (OVH)
    Debian 8.4 stable (Jessie) (stable)

19. @Eriksson try with the file i given (attached) in my last post. Don't try by the LGSM.
    Modify the file as you want and launch it in root.

20. I even made a ticket and they just simply reply with post topic on forum. Which apparently is not being read by them.