Solved Hide item giving notices

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Crytec, Jan 14, 2016.

1. As the title says. Rust just added it. Really annoying.
    Please make a plugin that removes this!

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Are you using a plugin for giving items? Pretty sure Rust doesn't have any notifications by default other than the server log.

3. http://playrust.com/devblog-93/
    Admin Abuse Announcement Garry Newman
    Something we hear over and over again is that admins are spawning stuff on their servers and making the game unfair. Sometimes admins have a good reason to spawn something, but most of the time they’re just abusing their power on the server to make the game easier for themselves.

So now when an admin spawns an item for themselves (or another player) it will be announced to the entire server in the chat box.

I know this isn’t going to go down well with server owners. They’ll claim they need to be able to spawn 100 C4 for their regular admin duties. Well that’s okay. If it’s legit you have nothing to hide from your server’s users.

4. Was wondering if there was any cvar or way for removing the item spawn announcement that was just created during this last update.

Thanks in advance

5. If you spawn items with the "Give" plugin, it woll not announce it to the players. but i dont want to type everything all the time :p
    easier to just click the items :D

6. Working on :p

7. You are the greatest!

8. Funny this came up, just finished writing it for my server. Simple 24 lines.

9. I am working on a more advanced one :p

10. How advanced can you make it? :)

11. Well I dont want to spam chat when giving myself items ingame :D Any way to deactivate this annoying msgs? (One way is giving items with give plugin /give player item amount)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1452811487][/DOUBLEPOST]I mean In Console clicking on item

12. sucks if ur running a non oxide server lol cant wait for this plugin

13. I'll override each default item/blueprint giving and also try to allow that per permission :p

14. Awesome.

15. can anyone help me with this? whenever an admin on my server grabs something from the item list, it shows to all players in the chat. Is there a way to turn this off?

16. Awesome - buyed like server 5 hours before update, took me like 5 hours to get all plugins work, then update comes, suddnly...1/3 plugins working.... Too bad im just waking up for work, but hwen i come back home, anyway going to instal this plugin also ;) Cheers guys!

17. the new update shows chat messages for what ever is done in console or item spawning, how do i disable it

18. Oxide.org should not approve this plugin.
    The players will realize that admins abuses, it is a practice that happens too often and that destroys the experience of the players.

19. Not so wrong. Also garry is not totally wrong when he says "if you are a legit admin, you don't need to hide anything from your users"

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2016