HelpText

Moved

Total Downloads: 18,186 - First Release: Oct 23, 2014 - Last Update: Feb 3, 2017

4.92105/5, 38 likes
  1. Any idea how I can prevent this from inserting a space between the help text? Or add my own so I can maybe split them into groups.

upload_2016-8-21_22-21-37.png

2. Newer version changed the formatting a little bit, attached version will remove the gap but has the Rust icon next to every line. If you like that formatting, try to work with having 10 lines per section.

3. Thanks, but I guess the gap is better than a page of icons. Such a shame you can't have more than 10 lines.

4. got something odd happening. /help will work after a reboot but after a while it stops without error (at least that I can find). Says unkown command help.

5. Calytic

Calytic Community Admin Community Mod

reload HelpText

6. yeah well ive done that..... the only thing getting it to come back is to restart the server. works for a bit and stops. Im not going to restart my server every hour so ppl can see the help msg's. Any other ideas?

7. Calytic

Nope, not really. If you want help I need more information. Make sure the filename is correct. Try deleting it and re-adding it. I dunno.

8. Any errors or anything in console?

9. After the last update the plugin began issuing this error:
    Code:
     [Oxide] 09:10 [Error] Failed to initialize plugin 'HelpText v2.0.1' (ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.)
    Code:
     [Oxide] 09:10 [Debug]   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,ConsoleSystem+Command].Add (System.String key, .Command value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Game.Rust.Libraries.Covalence.RustCommandSystem.RegisterCommand (System.String command, Oxide.Core.Libraries.Covalence.CommandCallback callback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Libraries.Covalence.Covalence.RegisterCommand (System.String command, Oxide.Core.Libraries.Covalence.CommandCallback callback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.RegisterWithCovalence () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.HandleAddedToManager (Oxide.Core.Plugins.PluginManager manager) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.HandleAddedToManager (Oxide.Core.Plugins.PluginManager manager) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.HandleAddedToManager (Oxide.Core.Plugins.PluginManager manager) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CovalencePlugin.HandleAddedToManager (Oxide.Core.Plugins.PluginManager manager) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.PluginManager.AddPlugin (Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin plugin) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.OxideMod.PluginLoaded (Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin plugin) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    I updated the plugin and removed the old configuration. What am I doing wrong?

10. When I get an error that is it.

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Are you using any other plugins that provide a help command?

12. Notifier I think provides one

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You'd need to remove or disable that for now until we change a few things in Oxide. Before the last Oxide build, whatever plugin registered the same command last got to use it, right now it's the first plugin to register it that can use it.

14. Copy that thanks mang!

15. im using the latest version and this is the error that i get.

[Oxide] 06:52 [Error] HelpText plugin failed to compile!
    [Oxide] 06:52 [Error] HelpText.cs(75,41): error CS1061: Type `Oxide.Core.Libraries.Covalence.IPlayer' does not contain a
    definition for `Character' and no extension method `Character' of type `Oxide.Core.Libraries.Covalence.IPlayer' could b
    e found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

16. Are you certain you're using the latest version? I tested it and it compiles perfectly fine.

17. Calytic

Tell me what you see when you type "oxide.version"

18. Oxide 2.0.2284 for Rust 974.96 (1488)

Is this not the latest version?

Subscribed to oxide for auto update notifications.

Thanks.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1472023316][/DOUBLEPOST]updated my oxide. now

Oxide 2.0.2309 for Rust 982.13 (1490)

No problem whatsoever now.

Thanks.

19. I was Wondering how to add the custom commands in the Helptext.json file i have tried but don't know how.

20. Replace "custom helptext" in the config with the commands you want to add

Code:
        "CustomHelpText": [
          "command example",
          "command example",
          "command example",
          "command example"
        ],

Don't forget your commas after every command. The last line doesn't need a comma.