HelpText

Moved

Total Downloads: 18,185 - First Release: Oct 23, 2014 - Last Update: Feb 3, 2017

4.92105/5, 38 likes
  1. @Wulf I'm wondering if you can provide an example of the config with sub-pages. Since users can't scroll in chat, I'm trying to set up an all-inclusive /help page that doesn't break the chat. Unfortunately I'm not that saavy with the config editing and lines of code required to do this. Ideally I'd have a /help which would spit out the following commands ; /help listplugins (prints a list of available plugins) and a /help custom command for each of those plugins that users can type to get custom text for each plugin. I have no issues writing out the descriptions and commands, but I'm not sure how to set the .json up so that it actually works. I would greatly appreciate any examples or such you could provide that'd help me implement a system like this. (Or suggestions on an easier way to do what I want to do). Ideally I just want my players to be able to learn about all of my plugins (though I have a lot of them), and since the Rust Chat doesn't scroll back... :p

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

There's an example on the Overview, I've not used this plugin myself.

3. Ah well...the Overview doesn't help me at all :/ I don't understand how a lot of this code works, which is why I needed a detailed example. I guess I just won't use this plugin then.

4. How do I split these commands? Where they show up with two different rust symbols.
    Code:
    {
      "Pages": {
      "default": {
        "*": [
          "Home System",
          "    /sethome NAME - Sets a home on the foundation you're on",
          " /removehome NAME - Removes that specific home",
          " /home NAME - Teleports you to your home",
          " /home list - Shows all the current homes you have"
        ],
        "*": [
          "Teleportation System",
          " /tpr PLAYERNAME - Sends a teleport request to the specific player",
          " /tpa - Accepts the teleport request someone sent you",
          " /tpc - Cancels the teleport request someone sent you"
        ]
      }
    },
      "Settings": {
        "AllowHelpTextFromOtherPlugins": true,
        "BreakAfter": 11,
        "UseCustomHelpText": true
      },
      "VERSION": "2.0.5"
    }

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2018
  5. How we can use BOLD or color on the text?

6. Hey everyone, i figured out how to add color to the messages. Im now curious how to increase font size, bold text, etc. I cant seem to figure out the right commands. Color was <color=black>TEXT</color>

7. Code:
    "<size=16>Text Size</size>",
    "<color=\"#ffd479\">Text Color</color>,
    "<b>Bold i think?</b>"
    Is you want to send it in new Messages use the "BreakAfter" Settings this means the Lines i think. But not the best Solution i think.

But now my Question. If i use a Page. Example "/help commands" its Display all the Plugin HelpTexts.

I want to use them but only if i write "/help" not on the Sub Pages. The Problem is that the Custom Help Texts is displayed above the Plugin Help Texts.
    Its hard to See them.

Anyone have a idea?

8. Ok i have it but is there a way for a manual "Break"?

9. Hello, first of all nice work. And thank you for this amazing plugin.
    My opinion is, you must do it with permissions not with groups.

I want VIP players have unique help menu.
    But if someone VIP type's /help he will see "vip" and "default" help too.
    This is a little problem my friend :)

Please if you can, make an update for this. Thank you.