HelpText

Moved

Total Downloads: 18,185 - First Release: Oct 23, 2014 - Last Update: Feb 3, 2017

4.92105/5, 38 likes
  1. Hello, first thank you for the addon.

Second im having an issue locating the config. I added the plugin to oxide > plugin folder then started up my server, but I cannot find it in oxide > config - is that where i am supposed to look?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2018
  2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Plugins are installed under oxide/plugins, not oxide/config.

3. Sorry for my typo, i mean oxide > plugins. I installed it in the plugins folder, yet after two restarts now i don't see the config file showing up in oxide > config.

Edit: I've installed other mods and have not had this issue.

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If the plugin is loaded and Oxide is actually installed, it'd be generating a config file. So the first place I'd check is your oxide/logs and the oxide.verison command.

5. Hey i got it now thanks, i turned off server and reinstalled the latest steam + oxide version and it loaded.

6. Is there a way in this plugin to add the info screen when you first join a server? Or pop up a screen if you type in /help so I can list commands other than line by line in chat? I tried the /help mypage but it doesn't seem to work that way.

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

No, you can use a plugin such as ServerInfo or one of the other Rust-specific plugins to provide a GUI if that's what you're looking for.

8. im feeling pretty dumb. i cant figer this out. how to set it up

9. This pluggin doesnt work. It wont save the edited text after Reload it resets

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Sounds like you aren't editing the .json file correctly. Make sure it is valid JSON after you've edited it. You can use a site such as jsonlint.com to help.

11. Maybe a idea, if i upload the config after working on it. And it not parsed correct, NOT to overwrite that config file with a standard, I know , should make backups, worked 2.5 hours on that config, alle gone, :( can restart writing it.

12. is this plugin capable of having multiple pages?

say when they type /help it comes up with a list
    /commands
    /serverinfo
    /wipe
    /report

and each page has different info for each category

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Per the overview:
    • display custom messages, with sub-pages

14. Thanks Wulf!

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2018
  15. any exemple of code for do this (with sub-pages) :

is this plugin capable of having multiple pages?

say when they type /help it comes up with a list
    /commands
    /serverinfo
    /wipe
    /report

and each page has different info for each category ??

16. 10:13 AM [Error] Error while compiling HelpText.cs(132,57): error CS1061: Type `Oxide.Core.Libraries.Covalence.IPlayer' does not contain a definition for `Object' and no extension method `Object' of type `Oxide.Core.Libraries.Covalence.IPlayer' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

What i can do with it?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1526202766][/DOUBLEPOST]And this plugin doesnt create the .json file in config

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Update Oxide, you're probably a year or more outdated if you see that.

18. I have the oxide 2.0 form this site o_O

19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

For which game? The error you got isn’t possible unless you are using an ancient build. Sounds to me like you got it from somewhere else.