HelpText

Moved

Total Downloads: 18,186 - First Release: Oct 23, 2014 - Last Update: Feb 3, 2017

4.92105/5, 38 likes
  1. Use the version above your post.

2. I saw sorry

3. Doesn't read from the custom text. Just displays "custom text" twice when run now.

EDIT: I see, you're using the old format for the .cs. Works great. Thanks for the update.

4. delete

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2016
  5. I replaced only HelpText.cs, and now when I type /help it doesnt show informations of other plugins like before, it only stay blank it doesnt show nothing nor invalid command?

6. Post your plugin and json and I'll take a look.

7. Check error and warning logs

8. 35 HelpText - Failed to compile: HelpText.cs(59,45): error CS1061: Type `Oxide.Core.Libraries.Covalence.IPlayer' does not contain a definition for `ConnectedPlayer' and no extension method `ConnectedPlayer' of type `Oxide.Core.Libraries.Covalence.IPlayer' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

9. Use the plugin I posted on page 13

10. ok.... stay with me its gonna get weird. Help was working prior to update. After todays update, not working. updated with the newest .cs in here now it works but all the plugins that i added 'help' lines to are not working. i get errors for each one such as....
    23:32 [Error] Failed to call hook 'SendHelpText' on plugin 'NTeleportation v1.0.11' (InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.)
    23:32 [Debug] at Oxide.Plugins.NTeleportation.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    23:32 [Warning] Calling 'SendHelpText' on 'NTeleportation v1.0.11' took 605ms

This is the line of its referencing what has changed so that its not working any longer?

}

[HookMethod("SendHelpText")]
    private void SendHelpText(BasePlayer player)
    {
    string text = "/home add <name> - Saves your current position as the location name.\n/home list -Shows you a list of all the locations you have saved.\n"+
    "/home remove < name > -Removes the location of your saved homes.\n/home < name > -Teleports you to the home location.\n"+
    "/tpr <player name> - Sends a teleport request to the player.\n/tpa - Accepts an incoming teleport request.\n"+
    "/tpc - Cancel teleport or request.\n/town - Teleports yourself to town.(NOT ON SERVER YET!)\n/tpinfo - Shows limits and cooldowns";

player.ChatMessage(text);
    }

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2016
  11. [Oxide] 10:32 [Error] HelpText plugin failed to compile!
    [Oxide] 10:32 [Error] HelpText.cs(59,45): error CS1061: Type `Oxide.Core.Libraries.Covalence.IPlayer' does not contain a definition for `ConnectedPlayer' and no extension method `ConnectedPlayer' of type `Oxide.Core.Libraries.Covalence.IPlayer' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

12. if i load you Helptext and then use /help it only say
    custom helptext
    custom helptext

BUT then i changed my .json file to:
    {
    "Settings": {
    "AllowHelpTextFromOtherPlugins": false,
    "CustomHelpText": [
    "============",
    "/home :For more home teleport commands",
    "/tpr :For more p2p teleport commands",
    "/Town :To teleport to the town set by the admin",
    "============",
    "/pm <name> <message> :For private message",
    "/r <message> :To reply on Private message",
    "============",
    "/Bounty :For all bounty commands",
    "============",
    "/clan help :For all Clans commands",
    "============",
    "/s :To open shop",
    "============",
    "/rules :For Rules",
    "/player :To see who is online",
    "/ticket :To see all ticket commands and leave a report for the admin",
    ],
    "UseCustomHelpText": true
    }
    }
    BUT then when i use /help now, it is blank... and when i use oxide.reload HelpText. the command goes back to:
    custom helptext
    custom helptext

PLEASE HELP =(

13. Calytic

Calytic Community Admin Community Mod

Calytic updated HelpText with a new update entry:

14. [Oxide] 14:26 [Error] HelpText plugin failed to compile!
    [Oxide] 14:26 [Error] HelpText.cs(59,45): error CS1061: Type `Oxide.Core.Libraries.Covalence.IPlayer' does not contain a definition for `ConnectedPlayer' and no extension method `ConnectedPlayer' of type `Oxide.Core.Libraries.Covalence.IPlayer' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Are you using the version that was just released?

16. 2.0.1, yes

17. i am getting the same error,

32 HelpText - Failed to compile: HelpText.cs(59,45): error CS1061: Type `Oxide.Core.Libraries.Covalence.IPlayer' does not contain a definition for `ConnectedPlayer' and no extension method `ConnectedPlayer' of type `Oxide.Core.Libraries.Covalence.IPlayer' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
    (had to argue for 4 hours to get it installed)

(Btw same type of error for remover tool)
    33 RemoverTool - Failed to compile: RemoverTool.cs(515,41): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `ILivePlayer' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

is this the latest oxide version ?
    Oxide 2.0.2298 for Rust 982.13 (1490)

18. That method doesn't exist in the new update..
    Lines 24 and 34 and also lines 26 and 36 aren't identical.

Original:
    Code:
            private void Loaded()
            {
    24          this.UseCustomHelpText = GetConfig<bool>("Settings", "UseCustomHelpText", false);
                this.AllowHelpTextFromOtherPlugins = GetConfig<bool>("Settings", "AllowHelpTextFromOtherPlugins", true);
    26          this.CustomHelpText = GetConfig<List<object>>("CustomHelpText", new List<object>() {
                    "custom helptext",
                    "custom helptext"
                });
            }        protected override void LoadDefaultConfig()
            {
    34          Config["UseCustomHelpText"] = false;
                Config["Settings", "AllowHelpTextFromOtherPlugins"] = true;
    36          Config["Settings", "CustomHelpText"] = CustomHelpText = new List<object>() {
                    "custom helptext",
                    "custom helptext"
                };            SaveConfig();
            }

Fix:
    Code:
            private void Loaded()
            {
    24          this.UseCustomHelpText = GetConfig<bool>("Settings", "UseCustomHelpText", false);
                this.AllowHelpTextFromOtherPlugins = GetConfig<bool>("Settings", "AllowHelpTextFromOtherPlugins", true);
    26          this.CustomHelpText = GetConfig<List<object>>("CustomHelpText", new List<object>() {
                    "custom helptext",
                    "custom helptext"
                });
            }        protected override void LoadDefaultConfig()
            {
    34          Config["Settings", "UseCustomHelpText"] = false;
                Config["Settings", "AllowHelpTextFromOtherPlugins"] = true;
    36          Config["CustomHelpText"] = CustomHelpText = new List<object>() {
                    "custom helptext",
                    "custom helptext"
                };            SaveConfig();
            }
    Attached is a fixed version of the recent update.
    Attached version should fix it.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2016
  19. mr Calytic, due to the recent updates, resulting in failure of the plugins HelpText please update as soon as possible! Thank you!

20. The latest version available for download compiles and works, excluding custom helptext. The version I attached above your post has working custom helptext.