DeathNotes

Broadcasts players and animals deaths to chat

Total Downloads: 65,994 - First Release: Feb 14, 2015 - Last Update: May 13, 2018

4.98519/5, 270 likes
  1. SkinN õ.Õ'.|. updated Death Notes with a new update entry:

Death Notes | Message Radius! (For high populated servers!)

[DOUBLEPOST=1423965886][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Your requested feature as been added to the plugin.
    I can't promise it's working 100% right, but I'm expecting some feedback from you guys!

Thanks to xShARkx for helping testing this!

WARNING:
    You should only use this feature if you have an high populated server, otherwise it's useless.

2. Today will test all over the day ;)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1424000840][/DOUBLEPOST]Hm... Is there any way to remove msg's aboy FALL and RADIATION, but I need all others? Thanks.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1424001488][/DOUBLEPOST](of course I need only this)

Code:
            self.Config['MESSAGES']['BLEEDING'] = '{victim} bled to death.'
            self.Config['MESSAGES']['TRAP'] = '{victim} died trapped on a snap trap.'
            self.Config['MESSAGES']['STAB'] = '{attacker} stabbed {victim} to death. (With {weapon})'
            self.Config['MESSAGES']['BLUNT'] = '{attacker} killed {victim}. (With {weapon})'
            self.Config['MESSAGES']['BULLET KILL'] = '{attacker} killed {victim}. (With {weapon}, from {distance})'

3. You could disable the Metabolism messages, but though the bleeding message is part of it, so it will be the only one to not display.

4. Wow. How to do this?... I tried to remove MESSAGES - after this plugin crashes
    [DOUBLEPOST=1424014740][/DOUBLEPOST]Maybe any way to disable selectively msg's? :(

5. For now it will stay this way, for now I'm focused on making the plugin as stable as possible. I don't like how the code looks now anyway so I will ended up to change it soon, and then I'll see what I can do.

6. Thats bad... In .lua I can delete message and plugin will work... But python... :(

7. Believe me, theres lot more that I can do with python than lua. Just give me time.

8. [Oxide] 7:39 PM [Error] deathnotes: MissingMemberException while calling OnEntityDeath: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'sqrt'
    at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.ThrowInstruction.Run (Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.InterpretedFrame frame) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.Interpreter.Run (Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.InterpretedFrame frame) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

9. Update your Oxide with the latest version.

10. oh i didnt saw there was an update o.o
    [DOUBLEPOST=1424026839][/DOUBLEPOST]for the update of new oxide version i just have to take the files from .zip into the rust folder per ftp right? sorry for asking i just learned how to setup a rust server

11. Well unless the code as been changed I find that hard to believe.
    'sqrt' as you might see in the first line of the error is a Python function from a module called math, this function its the thing that calculates the distance from a dead player/animal to its attacker. So far no one has complained to me about the distance not showing up on the messages, as also is working just fine for me too.

I cannot help you much but only to suggest you or either to make a fresh install of the plugin or a fresh install of Oxide.

12. I can test it on my high populated server only If8I can delete some msg's...

However - you creating the new update with this feature, so....

13. Yes, you basically need to drag the new files into your server's and you're good to go.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1424030075][/DOUBLEPOST]
    You don't really need to test it, beside my own tests server, I have friends using it and it's working fine.

14. As I have already said - I no need some msg's (a lot of them) and actually I can't delete them easily, because plugin crashes. ;)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1424030423][/DOUBLEPOST]If you can help me with deleting msg's without plugin crash - I'll be very glad. :D

15. As how the plugin is working right now I cannot help you at all. But like I said I'm working on making it better. Just be patient.

16. Okay, waiting for your updated plugin with messages removing :D

Thanks

17. [2/15/2015 6:50:53 PM] [Oxide] 6:50 PM [Error] deathnotes: KeyNotFoundException while calling OnEntityDeath:
    [2/15/2015 6:50:53 PM] [Oxide] 6:50 PM [Error] deathnotes: Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "<string>", line 131, in OnEntityDeath
    File "<string>", line 158, in player_death
    KeyError: FALL

18. For those who have interest you may now follow me on GitHub: https://github.com/SkinN/Oxide-Plugins
    [DOUBLEPOST=1424065739][/DOUBLEPOST]
    That error means the 'FALL' message is missing from the configuration file, in the plugins overview you may see the original file created by the plugin, and FALL message is not missing there, which means you removed it somehow from your configuration file.

19. Loking for your freash commits and see that WOW, can disable some msg's :D

When u want to release it? (1.2.0)

20. Not sure but I might release it by Thursday morning.