DeathNotes

Broadcasts players and animals deaths to chat

Total Downloads: 65,994 - First Release: Feb 14, 2015 - Last Update: May 13, 2018

4.98519/5, 270 likes
  1. I'm gonna post this here, was discovered in another thread, thanks @FireBurst :
    The number names is from DeathNotes. Open the .cs file and edit the following lines from line 353:
    Code:
                    case CombatEntityType.Murderer:
                        var murdererName = entity.ToPlayer()?.displayName;
                        return string.IsNullOrEmpty(murdererName) ? "Murderer" : murdererName;                case CombatEntityType.Scientist:
                        var scientistName = entity.ToPlayer()?.displayName;
                        return string.IsNullOrEmpty(scientistName) ? "Scientist" : scientistName;
    to                 case CombatEntityType.Murderer:
                        var murdererName =  "Murderer";//entity.ToPlayer()?.displayName;       <== THIS LINE
                        return string.IsNullOrEmpty(murdererName) ? "Murderer" : murdererName;                  case CombatEntityType.Scientist:
                        var scientistName = "Scientist";//entity.ToPlayer()?.displayName;       <== THIS LINE
                        return string.IsNullOrEmpty(scientistName) ? "Scientist" : scientistName;
    They used to have no name so they were automatically putting a Scientist or Murderer instead. Now their name is numbers so the plugin send the numbers. We correct it by simply adding the string we want. Unfortunately, this method may change the names of the botspawn bots if they have one (only showing for deathnotes messages, not your botspawn data). This is just a temporary fix until maybe deathnotes fix it.

2. hey i was wondering if you can help please none of the death notes are coming up in chat and this keeps coming up when i reload the plugin.

[Death Notes] Could not load remote config 'EnemyPrefabs.json'. Please report the issue to the plugin author if this is happening frequently.

| [Death Notes] Could not load remote config 'WeaponPrefabs.json'. Please report the issue to the plugin author if this is happening frequently.

| [Death Notes] Could not load remote config 'CombatEntityTypes.json'. Please report the issue to the plugin author if this is happening frequently.

3. I have this issue too.

Was this also related to Oxide @Wulf?

Death Notes says someone killed 2023889 instead of Zombie or Scientist.

4. There's a workaround two posts up.

5. mine doesnt even show that lol just keep telling me
    [Death Notes] Could not load remote config 'EnemyPrefabs.json'. Please report the issue to the plugin author if this is happening frequently.

| [Death Notes] Could not load remote config 'WeaponPrefabs.json'. Please report the issue to the plugin author if this is happening frequently.

| [Death Notes] Could not load remote config 'CombatEntityTypes.json'. Please report the issue to the plugin author if this is happening frequently.

6. Yikes, I hate when I miss those. Thanks! :)

7. I will wait for a fix as i have botspawn "named" scientists and dont want to lose their names

8. Yeah I am gonna wait for a fix as well, I'll deal with my players knowing that a 483758 is a scientist, and my celebrity named Bots are the ones they're looking for.

9. Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2018
  10. Is there a way to show when a sleeper was killed and by whom like before?

11. same for me:
    Code:
    (19:36:45) | Protocol: 2099.165.1
    Build Date: 07/05/2018 12:14:12
    Unity Version: 2018.1.4f1
    Changeset: 27596
    Branch: main
    Oxide.Rust Version: 2.0.3993
    (19:39:33) | DeathNotes was compiled successfully in 4711ms
    (19:39:33) | Unloaded plugin Death Notes v6.0.5 by LaserHydra
    (19:39:33) | Loaded plugin Death Notes v6.0.5 by LaserHydra
    (19:39:33) | [Death Notes] Could not load remote config 'WeaponPrefabs.json'. Please report the issue to the plugin author if this is happening frequently.
    (19:39:33) | [Death Notes] [0] - JsonReaderException: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: E. Path '', line 0, position 0.
    (19:39:33) | [Death Notes] Could not load remote config 'CombatEntityTypes.json'. Please report the issue to the plugin author if this is happening frequently.
    (19:39:33) | [Death Notes] [0] - JsonReaderException: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: E. Path '', line 0, position 0.
    (19:39:33) | [Death Notes] Could not load remote config 'EnemyPrefabs.json'. Please report the issue to the plugin author if this is happening frequently.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2018
  12. Also, is there a generic config file which has all death messages?

13. DeathNotes
    Its always a good idea to check other posts first as your answer might not be that far away

14. Incomplete kill messages using DeathNotes...

When player dies from splash damage....

You get a kill feed like...

"Phase killed Atlas using their ."

@LaserHydra

15. how come when someone kills someone with a pickaxe it shows up as "pickaxe.entity"?

16. Enter this under "weapons": { in the config:
    "Pickaxe": "Pickaxe"

17. i have this message much and i hope that a fix is coming next time

thanks

Failed to call hook 'OnEntityDeath' on plugin 'DeathNotes v6.0.5' (NullReferenceException: )

at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Component.GetComponentFastPath(UnityEngine.Component,System.Type,intptr)

at UnityEngine.Component.GetComponent[T] () [0x00020] in <e62018e11c0a49d48c08c9fbcfd3623f>:0

at Oxide.Plugins.DeathNotes.HandleExceptions (Oxide.Plugins.DeathNotes+DeathData& data) [0x000eb] in <ccf7ff182fa5438e8da351c9bea7abad>:0

at Oxide.Plugins.DeathNotes.OnEntityDeath (BaseCombatEntity victimEntity, HitInfo hitInfo) [0x00078] in <ccf7ff182fa5438e8da351c9bea7abad>:0

at Oxide.Plugins.DeathNotes.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00159] in <ccf7ff182fa5438e8da351c9bea7abad>:0

at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (Oxide.Core.Plugins.HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00079] in <62815b9f877c43bdb493464716cb3f0a>:0

at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x000d8] in <593395d9162947ba875249d99798ac87>:0

at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hook, System.Object[] args) [0x00060] in <593395d9162947ba875249d99798ac87>:0

18. Thanks looks like this worked :)

19. Here you go

Attached Files:

20. why doesnt work? any idea? thanx
    Update ok its work but why i cant change language? I overwrited the language but always it return to English..

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2018