Popup Notifications

Popup notifications that can be created by admins and other plugins

Total Downloads: 9,350 - First Release: Jul 22, 2015 - Last Update: Feb 18, 2018

5/5, 30 likes
  1. emu submitted a new resource:

Popup Notifications - Popup notifications that can be created by admins and other plugins.

Read more about this resource...

2. be cool to set a timer on, so it reshows every 10 mins or so a lot like adverts

3. +1 to the upper post about timer). It would be outstanding).
    Nice job pal! =)
    Heading right direction)).

By the way if its not hard for you. Can you tell me: "Is it possible to group in one GUI, let`s say at the top left corner of the screen, the in-game time, Server time and Online players one under another".
    And i will be greatefull if you tell me one more thing: "Is it possible to show in some GUI info about Players current Clan statistic (Clan players online or list of them)? Or is it possible to show on GUIs info about Oxide groups (about total users and users currentle online?

Thanx a lot!
    [DOUBLEPOST=1437554711,1437527028][/DOUBLEPOST]After night i`ve got few more ideas))). Will be nice to be able to set cooldowns for each notification separately. Because it would be nice that pop-up with help comands was seen for a long time and notifications with third party information disappear much faster.

4. emu

emu

Of course, these are all possible. I've already seen time and online player indicator plugins. If they have a configurable position, you can put them anywhere on the screen. Didn't see online clan member list though, so I might just do that sometime.
    I will look into the timed messages.

5. You are absolutely wright about that such plugins exists! But they are without possibility to change position or sometimes add/change text strings. As a result when they instaled all at the same time you get ugly hud. Thats why I leave on my server only ingame time =(.

By the way i`ve got very nice and interesting proposition from my players =). They asked me: "Is it possible to do private massages styled like pop-up notifications?". I guess it could be done by little blood (because it is already implemented possibility to send notification to direct player). By adding little modification, such as permissions for both actions (for Example: canPopupGlobal - for global messages and canPopupPlayer - for private popup messaging). I think it will significantly improve chat appearence, and will make very good improvement to the overall game process.

Thank you for your efforts! Sorry for my bad English (its not my native language) =)).

6. Can you also add server console command notice.popupall "message"? Like in Rust Legacy.

7. emu

emu

I'm hesitant to add new functionality to this plugin, because plugins like Private Message could easily implement support for this one. I encourage you to ask the other developers to add support for this plugin.

8. emu

emu

9. emu

emu

emu updated Popup Notifications with a new update entry:

More configuration

10. Great plugin. players see it immediately my messages. Private message also very convenient, thank you

11. emu

emu

emu updated Popup Notifications with a new update entry:

Commands

12. Code:
    attempt to index global 'Interface' (a nil value)
    Code:
    Interface.CallHook("CreatePopupNotification", "Сообщение от <color=#008080ff>"..player.displayName.."</color>:\n"..msg, recipient, 60)
    In total as according to documentation

13. emu

emu

I think you have to use the Oxide.Core.Plugins library. I'm not sure how this works in LUA :\.

14. Okay, I'll try to do in C#, it is better I will learn, thanks

15. could you add multiline support?

16. emu

emu

It should already be supported.

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Your examples need a bit of correction. See mine at http://oxidemod.org/plugins/push-api.705/.

18. emu

emu

Thanks! I'm not entirely sure yet how this system works, but I will make it like yours.

19. emu

emu

20. I tried..
    Code:
    local PopupMsg_API = plugins.Find("PopupNotifications")
    PopupMsg_API:CallHook("CreatePopupNotification", "Сообщение от <color=#008080ff>"..player.displayName.."</color>:\n"..msg, recipient, 60)
    Code:
    [Error] Failed to call hook 'CreatePopupNotification' on plugin 'Popup Notifications' (ArgumentException: failed to convert parameters)