CustomChatCommands

Moved

Total Downloads: 1,432 - First Release: Feb 5, 2017 - Last Update: May 22, 2018

5/5, 6 likes
  1. Silly me! Thanks PsychoTea!

2. PsychoTea updated CustomChatCommands with a new update entry:

v2.0.0

3. Why would you do this? Kind messed with my permissions after i updated the plugin while my server was running....

Code:
    CustomChatCommands has replaced the 'noclip' chat command previously registered
    by FauxAdmin
    Don't do that as a default for your configuration, please...

4. That is the example config, and that is how I have decided to set it up. I'm not going to spend years trying to come up with examples of commands that don't interfere with a single other plugin. If you want to stay safe then shut down your server before updating plugins.

5. Is it possible to create a command with this plugin that will place a user in a different oxide group?
    For example, when a player joins the server they are part of a "default" group. If they type /register - this will place them in the "Registered" oxide group?

6. You'd have to write a plugin which adds a "register" console command and then link them together using this plugin.

7. Thanks for the response.

I've set up a command /rules that will send the rules to the player when they type it in chat.
    The issue I see is none of my oxide (default) players can see the rules...it doesn't seem to work.

I created the permission customchatcommands.rules and given the permission to the oxide user group default, but it doesn't seem to work. Did I miss something?

I was also wondering if it's possible to set up a command that will show online users that are part of an oxide group? It would be nice for players to type /moderators and it show a list of online moderators.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2017
  8. Plugin broke this update

Reproduce by typing a chat command
    No errors, not at the command or plugin load
    Nothing shows up in chat, like it was never typed

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2017
  9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Any details? Errors? Steps to reproduce?

10. There's currently an issue with Rust where if you try to send a chat message too long it will show up as a big empty chat message. To fix this you can use the multiple messages functionality to split up your message and that will most likely fix your issue.

11. Great plugin @PsychoTea :)
    I understand the console commands are sent client side is there any possibility of adding server side console commands which somehow still recognise the player? Is this even a thing or does this not make sense?
    The way GUIShop works comes to mind.. If a player buys 'item1' which runs the command 'usergroup add $player.id vip', or 'item2' with command 'teleport.topos $player.name 0 0 0', It successfully recognises the player who made the purchase and will apply the command solely to them (Tried + tested). Trying to run 'usergroup add $player.id vip' from your console as a default player obviously wouldn't be granted, neither would teleport. So how is that done when a player makes a purchase?
    Code:
    "Command": "register",
    "Cooldown": null,
    "MaxUses": 1,
    "ConsoleCmd": null,
    "ServerCmd": ["usergroup add $player.id registered",
    "teleport.topos $player.name 60 22 1352"],
    "Messages": ["You successfully Registered!",
    "You were teleported to .."]
    I can think of many things this would be useful for and would also solve @Erich199 + @LeRoy* dilemma allowing players to add themselves to a group or teleport to a specified location using chat commands.
    Oh and cooldowns/ max uses? :p They would be greatly appreciated and widely used I can guarantee! :)

12. PsychoTea updated CustomChatCommands with a new update entry:

13. Holy crap dude nice speedy work! :) Thanks a lot!

14. No worries. Cooldowns/max uses coming soon, going to try and bash them out.

15. PsychoTea updated CustomChatCommands with a new update entry:

16. Really appreciate that bud. You went above and beyond! Cool new features to play around with now, this opens up so many possibilities :) For example you can add a cooldown/ max use to literally any command even if the plugin itself doesn't support it. Creating aliases and using CCC to execute it all.. Perfect!

17. No worries man! Enjoy :)

18. Code:
    ExType: JsonSerializationException
    Failed to initialize plugin 'CustomChatCommands v2.1.0' (ArgumentException: Could not cast or convert from System.String to System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.String].)
      at Newtonsoft.Json.Utilities.ConvertUtils.EnsureTypeAssignable (System.Object value, System.Type initialType, System.Type targetType) [0x00000] in :0
      at Newtonsoft.Json.Utilities.ConvertUtils.ConvertOrCast (System.Object initialValue, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture, System.Type targetType) [0x00000] in :0
      at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.EnsureType (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Object value, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContract contract, System.Type targetType) [0x00000] in :0 
    Getting this one on a valid JSON file, any ideas why or things to look for? :)

19. @PsychoTea How exactly does the Cooldown/MaxUses work without a data file i'm a bit confused here. Doesn't seem to have any affect when setting limits. I've made some cool work using your plugin it's helped me a lot! :)

20. Hey, I love your plugin btw anyways, I used this plugin a while back (3-4months maybe?) and back then setting up a commands /godon and /godoff worked but now it doesnt. I think it may have to do with the console command to enable god has a space between (ex: god true/god false) so it only reads the first word? Everytime I do /godon it says in chat "GodMode On" and in console it says "Command not found." Do you know how I would be able to use console commands with spaces in them?