Building Blocker

Fully prevents building in the building blocked zone. Fixes the "Devblog 158 of 4th may"

Total Downloads: 5,870 - First Release: May 4, 2017 - Last Update: Sep 29, 2017

5/5, 48 likes
  1. Guys, I do have a local server wich I run for testing on my own machne. I just wanted to say that I'm working alone, and there is no way for me to test DynamicCupShare in any way.
    To do it I should've install friends, find someone to help me etc. And I don't have time for this right now.

2. Don't worry, the building privilages shares after 5 seconds. It works for now.

3. I will try it, so this might been the thief why my dynamiccupshare seemed like it didn't work properly, what exactly will this update be doing?

4. When you get a chance, please spell check the code so that you use privilege instead of privlage.

5. Working for me with DCS :)

6. Does it really matter? Changed, but I will post it with the next update, if it will be.

7. apparentely my fellow players still have the same issue, the problem is that even with the dynamiccupshare and them having building privilige they cant build before they take the cupboard manually, this might be something in the dcs plugin but I'll take it here if you might have any idea

8. Well.... Are you sure that you are using latest version of both plugins? If so - I can't do anything.... I already did all I could.

9. Yeah I'm using the latest versions, I have written to fujikura of dcs aswell because it seems that more people have the same issue

10. ok @Vlad-00003, Ive now made a try with this and dcs and Im certant that the issue is in this plugin, I unloaded this plugin and it worked building, put it on and it stopped working again. Ive also found the exact problem with it for you to fix ;) . alright here goes. Player A builds a cupboard, Player B get building priv with dcs and can build. Player A puts out a second cupboard just outside of the first cupboards range, player B gets the building priv from dcs from the second one aswell but he can now not build where the cupboard zones overlap. it seems like the plugin blocks out when theres more cupboards in the same range. but then something wierd happend. player B went on the side where only the second cupboard had range, there he could build and then he switched over to the side between first cupboard and second cupboard and now he was able to build in between aswell

11. Just as I asid - I have no idea why.
    Here is how DYS work - it adds players to the authplayers list.
    Here is what my plugin do - it check all tool cupboards in range, and if the player isn't in the list of any - it blocks him from build.
    Once again - I have no idea how to make them work together.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1498256166][/DOUBLEPOST]I've send pm to @Fujikura, but..... I don't think that he would answer. There is a reason for that =D

12. Luckily i can split different topics and situations ;)

13. That's nice to hear.
    Also - I still have no idea what is wrong - you are adding players to the auth list, I'm checking if the player is there..... I'm stuck =_=

14. hey @Fujikura , glad you're getting involved here to try and get it fixed somehow, I think its sad that it got removed when you re-worked the dcs

15. I would need to compare any described issue with similar threads from the plugin site to nail it down to the real issue.

16. I think that I have the whole issue in my thread on this site, just a few threads up. I explained exactly how it reacted, hopefully its not to hard to understand it, I'll quote it here.

Ive now made a try with this and dcs and Im certant that the issue is in this plugin, I unloaded this plugin and it worked building, put it on and it stopped working again. Ive also found the exact problem with it for you to fix ;) . alright here goes. Player A builds a cupboard, Player B get building priv with dcs and can build. Player A puts out a second cupboard just outside of the first cupboards range, player B gets the building priv from dcs from the second one aswell but he can now not build where the cupboard zones overlap. it seems like the plugin blocks out when theres more cupboards in the same range. but then something wierd happend. player B went on the side where only the second cupboard had range, there he could build and then he switched over to the side between first cupboard and second cupboard and now he was able to build in between aswell

17. Still have the issue. I can help test if I'm on at the same time. Send a PM
    have my own server with dyna and discord
    thanks for working on this.

18. hey mate, Ive started getting problems with this again. @Fujikura have fixed the issue with dynamiccupshare I believe because my players have the auth on all the cupboards and it says building priv but when trying to build they get building blocked from this plugin, think we gotta look into this abit more, have you had any more contact with fujikura about this?

19. When they got both cases, the cup tells them they are authed and they have the green build right, Then DynaShare is out of the game ;)

Referring to the "Building Blockers" code it might be caused by the targetlocations calculation, which is not that easy to define from serverside, so far my own experience in the past.