BetterSay

Moved

Total Downloads: 5,081 - First Release: Apr 30, 2015 - Last Update: May 13, 2018

5/5, 14 likes
  1. The plugin dev can't do anything for that, it's from the base game, you can't change that, btw you can still ask to @Wulf .

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You can only use a Steam ID, that's how the Rust client works.

3. That is not possible due to rust handling it this way.

4. @LaserHydra @Wulf Ok no worries, thanks for letting me know! I'll see if I can create a dummy steam account for it. It was just going to be handy with using a server logo, but a dummy account should work. Thanks!

5. I just tried this and used my Steam64 ID replacing what was originally on Line 66 but it still comes up as normal. Should I be doing something else?

6. Restart your game client, the avatar is in your game client cache.

7. Tried this as well, still no go. I'm using the 64 SteamID, is that correct?

8. Make sure you edit the .cs file, not the config file. Did you use the quotes for you SteamID ? Like
    rust.BroadcastChat(output, null, "76561198026039547");
    Don't forget to reload the plugin too.
    If it's still not working, give me your .cs file + your steamID at private message, I will do that for you.

9. Hello! I really like this plugin, but as my server is hosted in Stockholm I get a lot of Swedish players. While helping them out I noticed that the Swedish letters ÅÄÖ doesn't seem to work as they turn into questionmarks. Is there a possible fix for this problem? Thanks for any help at all!

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

This isn't really an issue with the plugin, more so where you are entering the letters.

11. I have tried 2 rcons and both produce the same result. I tried the Fragnet web console, same result too..

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Many of these may not support UTF-8 characters, so you'd need to check with them to see.

13. I mean, I'm using RustAdmin and check the "UTF8 mode", still doesn't wanna work for some reason. That's why I thought it was the plugin

14. BetterSay - Failed to compile: BetterSay.cs(50,17): error CS1061: Type `ConsoleSystem.Command' does not contain a definition for `namefull' and no extension method `namefull' of type `ConsoleSystem.Command' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Wulf updated Better Say Command with a new update entry:

16. Seems like this is broken for me on the last rust update with the latest update of better say. Can someone else confirm or am I alone with this issue? All the other plugins are working.

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Wulf updated Better Say Command with a new update entry:

18. I was wondering if it is possible to override the default broadcast and reply made by other plugins with custom icons (one icon for all whitelist plugins, or one icon for all non-black list plugins). :)

Code:
    rust.BroadcastChat(msg, null, <custom icon ID>);
    Code:
    rust.SendChatMessage(player, msg, null, <custom icon ID>);

19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

This plugin only provides a say command, not control over other plugins.