BetterChat

Moved

Total Downloads: 26,139 - First Release: Apr 21, 2015 - Last Update: Jan 12, 2018

4.9898/5, 98 likes
  1. I only download plugins from oxidemods and from the umod if it redirects me.And it links me to the other mod as a requirement.
    Do i need to edit something in the config file or enter a console command?
    uMod - Better Chat by LaserHydra
    Clans

2. Read the overview for all questions uMod - Better Chat

3. Im not registered there and so i unfortunatelly cant post my question there.
    Registration is currently disabled :S

4. post it here its what this site is for still and you dont need to register on umod to read

5. I posted my quiestion in the previous page.My problem was that the 2 mods duplicate everything in the chat.As the default chat and the extended one (clan tag achievements etc...)

6. Please use a space bar its hard to read what you post
    You must be running two plugins that do the same things so you need to remove one to fix it

7. Hey,

(/)chat user groups <player|steamid> didn't work.

It say "Syntax: /chat user <add|remove>

If i type "/chat group list" there are 4 Groups "default, Hero Bandit, Neutral"

If i try now to add me to Neutral it says that this Group doesn't exist.

These Groups are automatic created by Dylans Humanity System. the /data/BetterChat.json looks also correct to me.

8. How did I manage to get a Rust Developer tag lol. yeeeeeeet.JPG

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You're using a plugin such as FauxAdmin that is setting you as one.

10. Ah, thanks, am I able to hide that tag, or since it isn't in group list can I not target it

11. If i change the message color of a group, do i just need to change it from "White" to "Red". Or do i need to replace it with a hex color code.

12. You can use either but if using the word say red keep it lower case

13. when I make changes to permissions or groups, they aren't saved and (almost) always reset when the server restarts.

14. Hi. I just installed Player Challenges and Clans and your plugin.
    If I write something in the chat now it comes doubled.
    One time with the clan tag and one time with the player challenges tags.
    Example for chat: [clanname] Kleementin: Hey!
    [Player] [Hunter] [Deadshot] Kleementin: Hey!
    So this is what happens. I write one line and it appears doubled.
    One for every plugin.
    How can I integrate the tags of both plugins in one line?
    I didn't find anything in any settings of all 3 plugins.

15. Make seem to be having another plugin handling chat independently -e.g., NoGreen.

16. I do have NoGreen. This doesn't work with BetterChat you found out?
    I'd really be able to play too and not be marked as an admin.
    Do you have any suggestions what I could do or which plugin to use instead of NoGreen?
    Would be very kind.

17. NoGreen really is not needed when using Better Chat, since it can easily reproduce what NoGreen does.

18. Oh. You're right. I deinstalled NoGreen. But I still have the same problem of a duplicated chat message. :(
    [DOUBLEPOST=1535350549][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Aaah no. It works right now. Thank you for your time. This was very helpful.

19. When I use chat user add "name" "group", it works fine until the server restarts. This is causing a lot of issues on the server. Anyone know why this is?

20. Seems you're having issues with the oxide permission system then, since that is what Better Chat uses.
    Make sure you're not accidently deleting the database file in your restarting process somehow. (If you're hosting the server yourself)