Alias System

Allows you to create aliases for existing commands

Total Downloads: 2,040 - First Release: Aug 22, 2015 - Last Update: Feb 4, 2017

5/5, 12 likes
  1. Hey Laser, do you know if that cooldown and SteamID input might be at all possible sometime? I just have a few plugins where the developer is inactive and this would be amazing to resurrect them in a safe way :)

If you're still on vacation apologies, just thought I'd message to see! Thanks again for all your hard work! I use pretty much all of your plugins and they all work fantastic update after update.

2. Yea still on vacation. Keep reminding me once I am back so I don't forget :p - or add it to my todo list.
    I will be back on Saturday.

3. Haha sorry for bugging you again then, hope you're enjoying it! Just added 2 things to that list just for when you can get to them :) I'll remind you maybe in a week-2weeks time. Thanks again! :D

4. Hey @LaserHydra just bringing this back to your attention ;)

5. is working?
    I love this idea
    I can make the alias
    but dont work when I execute some alias
    I want to make

/alias add /ping "perf 5"

register well but not work, just says that I have not the permission

6. You have to grant permission to both of these:
    commandalias.admin (you need this permission for creating/removing alias. e.g /alias add/remove )
    commandalias.use (you need this permission to use the alternative aliases)
    So type in console:
    grant group admin commandalias.admin
    grant group admin commandalias.use

Then type in chat:
    /alias add /ping "perf 5"
    Should all be working when you type /ping in chat. Note that typing /ping again will not disable it.
    /alias add /off "perf 0"

7. I made all of this but Permission dont work
    (23:29:40) | Permission 'commandalias.use' not exist
    [DOUBLEPOST=1479437179][/DOUBLEPOST]
    aliassystem.commandalias.use

That works, but I think needs to be fixed

8. First of all make sure your .cs file in the plugin folder is simply named "AliasSystem.cs" (If its a copy, e.g "AliasSystem-2.cs" it won't work.)
    If it's still not working then delete your old AliasSystem.cs file from your plugins folder, delete the AliasSystem_Data.json file from your data folder, delete the AliasSystem.json file from your config folder. Also delete the AliasSystem.cs file from your desktop or downloads, download the newest version at the top of this page, make sure the name of the file is "AliasSystem.cs" put it into your plugin folder and everything should work fine.

9. look...
    The Alias System was working fine but in lastest test, the commands works but Random, sometimes works sometimes not.
    SOmetimes give me The NO permission error, but If I reset the permission and grant again permission with "aliassystem.commandalias.use" instead "commandalias.use" then work...
    I think the Plugin is in conflict with new updates or I dont know... something rare.

10. My console doesn't recognise aliassystem.commandalias.use/admin. What command are you trying to access anyway have you looked into your data folder? Will show a list of every alias you have set maybe you can find the conflict in there somewhere.
    I made a mistake of setting an alias to one already used, then when i removed it i had no access to it at all.
    e.g I typed /alias add /remove /rem -(wrong way around)
    This meant every time i tried to type /remove it wasnt doing anything, neither was /rem.
    I then done /alias remove /remove which screwed me even more.. It made me unable to access the remove tool at all.
    Even after typing /alias add /rem/remove it still wasnt working, it totally disabled the command.
    Long story short, check your data or just delete the whole thing it's definitely not broken, its just easy to break yourself with a few careless commands.

11. I delete ALL
    Install the plugin that I just download Here...
    I had the both permission setted: commandalias.use/admin
    admin for admin, use for default
    Then I set the following:
    /alias add "/ping on" "perf 5"
    and Dont work
    but with /alias add /ping_on "perf 5"
    yes...

I wish to put space on a command, but well.. is working now

Definitely there is something rare,
    when I reload the Plugin:
    Code:
    (05:26:01) | [Oxide] 05:26 [Warning] Missing plugin name prefix 'aliassystem.' for permission 'commandalias.admin' (by plugin 'Alias System')
    (05:26:01) | [Oxide] 05:26 [Warning] Missing plugin name prefix 'aliassystem.' for permission 'commandalias.use' (by plugin 'Alias System')

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2016
  12. need update pls

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Details please.

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Wulf updated Alias System with a new update entry:

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Wulf updated Alias System with a new update entry:

16. Any chance of a method listing the stored aliases?

/alias list

17. can I chain commands to an alias?
    I need to make an alias that triggers several things for example:

"/ig save" + "/warp to"

plus they have to be executed in that order, otherwise I'm f***ed XD

thx!!!!!!!!

18. Not sure, probably not. would have to have timers coded in.

19. permission not found all the time. tried with commandalias and aliassystem. i dont understand.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1497728240][/DOUBLEPOST]
    dont mind my stupid ass, I hadnt copied the plugin into the plugins folder..... thought i had though! haahhaha

20. Is it just me or the plugin is doesn't because of "Server tried to run command [command], but we blocked it."?