Alias System

Allows you to create aliases for existing commands

Total Downloads: 2,040 - First Release: Aug 22, 2015 - Last Update: Feb 4, 2017

5/5, 12 likes
  1. yes, but you will need to use "" around the command with parameters and paramerers which need " themselves don't work right now.

2. Requests:
    • Add a chat command to list all aliases
    • Add permission argument to the "/alias add" command ( so certain aliases could specified to groups / users )
    • Add the ability to double command alias ( example set the time and weather in one command - /alais add chat clearday "settime 9" "weather rain off" )

3. LaserHydra updated Alias System with a new update entry:

4. Feedback:
    • My old aliases got wiped out please take on this practice => Solved - Helicopter notification | Oxide
    • permissions are confusing me the update page says "alias.admin & alias.use" the overview page says "commandalias.admin & commandalias.use"
    • no way to list aliases
    • can you give us an example of creating an alias for a chat command that requires double/single quotes
    Code:
    Permission 'alias.admin' doesn't exist

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2015
  5. Thanks for your Feedback. Currently there is no list. True. You will need to look at the data file. Aliases got wiped as the plugin now uses a different way. The permissions on the overview are correct they will be changed to alias.? In the next patch. I will need to give the multiple quotes more testing.

6. Feed
    Cool. Because I was able to use commands with a single quote but not the double quote. I tried to escape the double quote too ( \" ) but that didn't work either.

Can't wait for the next update ! Seriously - I'm the biggest fan of this plugin. I think it should have 1000 likes. :)

7. yes single quotes should be used for it
    ' '

8. Hi! Can you make one alias to execute multiple commands?!
    Ex: I want to make /restart (for restarting the server)... and the commands that i want to execute for that alias are (in this order):
    1st. server.writecfg
    2nd. server.save
    3rd. restart
    (actual restart command)

--> /alias add /restart "server.writecfg; server.save; restart" (don't know ... something like that ?)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2015
  9. Am i understanding this right. This plugin will allow me to take a chat command, for example "/cradar active clan" and make "/clanview" work to the same effect?

This is what im trying to do:
    To toggle on the clan radar, players have to type "/cradar active clan"
    I want them to just have to type "/clanview"
    so using this plugin i've typed "/alias add clanview "cradar active clan"

I then type /clanview and it says /clanview is not a command

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2015
  10. /alias add /clanview "/cradar active clan"

11. ahhhh ok thanks

12. Hey LaserHydra how would one use this for the console command: grant user
    I set oxide.grant user to /grantuser but then i do /grantuser playername permission is just says "grant <group|user> <name|id> <permission>"

13. /alias add /grantuser "oxide.grant user"
    /grantuser prawIn abc.use

14. Hmm thats what I thought I put. Let me try again
    [DOUBLEPOST=1453589192][/DOUBLEPOST]Weird, it still comes up with "Usage: grant <group|user> <name|id> <permission>"

15. Alright. I will test it. Just being sick right now. I will test it once I get better.

16. No dramas man :) get better eh

17. Hey Laser, Was there any luck with looking into this?

18. Sorry, not yet. On my list for today.

19. grant group player alias.use or commandalias doenst work :S

20. will try to update this and improve it anyways.
    Though it should work.