1. Well, it would just be like the plugin that saves the bans :p, could technically even add the unban command I think :p

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Add it to the core, it'd make more sense. Once they add them officially, we can remove them.

3. It worked Wulf! It finally worked! YEa! Thank you for being patience with me on this (and the ones I posted a week or so ago) thread. I sincerely hope this thread helps others as much as it helped me. There is a lot of mis-information about how to do this all over the place (not just here) so these specific instructions should be most helpful to the future server operators trying oxide out for the first time.

Thank you for helping me Wulf and you too Mugshi!

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

No worries, glad you got it working! Hopefully Rust will have an easier way to set the admin in a future version. :)

5. Seriously! It's a pain in the arse! Now I just need to find/learn how to disable fall damage and remove durability.

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

They're more helpful now. ;) Commands to remove were also added.

7. What rights do moderators have? I set one up today and he cant use any admin commands?

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Supposedly they are "admin", but I'm not really sure what rights they have. http://playrust.com/friday-devblog-20/

9. I can't seem to get rusty to connect to my server. Is there any way to verify what is wrong?

Notes;

- I host the server on the same machine I play with at the moment.
    - When using "rcon.*" commands in the .bat file, I can't join the server myself.
    This results in the server spitting out; Rejecting client <ID> Steam Auth Timeout
    -> Worth noting that the server actually shows "192.168.0.1" as my IP.
    - When I remove all the "rcon.*" commands, I can rejoin the server without issues.
    - I checked the .bat file, seems okay to me...? (included below)
    - Opened the ports (both regular and rcon).
    - Friend was able to join the server.
    - Server is visible in steam listing.

Code:
    @echo off
    RustDedicated.exe -batchmode +server.port 28015 +server.maxplayers 199 +server.hostname "xxx" +server.identity "xxx" +rcon.ip x.x.x.x +rcon.port 28016 +rcon.password "xxx" +query_port 28037 +server.saveinterval 3600 -logFile "log.txt" -load
    I removed some info and swapped it with X's for privacy reasons.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2015
  10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Are you hosting the server locally?

11. Sorry, was editing my post frequently, yes I am.
    I had the suspicion this is the cause, as stated in my previous post i noticed my IP is the local one.

This question also turned into 2 questions then, unless the cause is similar for both issues.

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Don't set rcon.ip, you're local to it.

13. You're a hero!
    Removed rcon.ip, works as a charm.

Do you, by any chance know why the rusty tool isn't working?
    Have it set up the same way;

IP: xx.xx.xx.xx (not a local IP)
    port: public port
    rcon port: public+1
    Password: same as in .bat

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If you are trying to use Rusty locally, you need to use localhost, as you likely don't have the RCON port forwarded.

15. Connecting to IP 127.0.0.1 did the trick.
    Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

No problem. localhost should also work.

17. where can i find my ownerid?

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

ownerid is the command. Your steamid is what you use with the command, which is your Rust community ID.

19. ok. i found my id.
    added the owner.
    but still i have no admin rights in the game

20. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Then you don't have the owner set properly. Check your users.cfg file.