SteamGroups

Moved

Total Downloads: 1,118 - First Release: Aug 17, 2016 - Last Update: Nov 9, 2017

5/5, 12 likes
  1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Yes, just need to figure out a good way.

You can remove the default group examples there. The name is what you see in the URL, not on the page.
    Code:
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/rustleduk
    So you'd use: rustleduk

2. Gotcha ty

3. so I could test if a user enters the group and the plugins gives the permission to the group and then the user leaves the group of steam, the same is still left with the permission granted earlier, it would be very difficult if you Does the group leave also leave?

4. I've been been having issues with version 0.3.7 as it stops polling silently so I've updated the code on my side and it seem to run smoothly now. Could not initiate discussion with you Wulf but if you are interested in the updated code, PM me.

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Feel free to use the code tags here to show the relevant changes.

6. That would be the entire plugin as I restructured alot

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

8. hello @Wulf , you think its possible to add a message every x xeconds for the players that not joined the group steam? Something like "join our steam group for more info steam.xxxx.xx" thanks ! (talking about rust )

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You can do that with a plugin such as AutoBroadcast or TimedExecute, could use those for now.

10. {
    "Group Setup": [
    {
    "Steam": "grollsubs",
    "Oxide": "Subs"
    }
    ],
    "Update Interval (Seconds)": 30
    }

did the work for me.. thanks :D

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2017
  11. I am very certain I've set this up correctly, done two complete re-installs of oxide to be sure. But players are not getting added into oxide groups when they are members of groups on steam. The script checks the groups per the info in console. How can I better help you debug it?

(Running a v2 server for Hurtworld on hosthavoc)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2017
  12. Is this plugin supposed to populate any sort of data file? Or does it use the oxide groups file directly? Basically for me it acts like it should work, and has no errors. However upon testing it, it seems that it doesn't work correctly even though it acts like it does on the backend. It does not create a data file, which was curious to me considering its functions... so that is why I am wondering if it uses the oxide files directly. This is for Hurtworld V2 though so it might not actually be a plugin issue. Or there is always that haunting possibility that I am being a dumbass, but from everything I can tell.... I have done everything right. Used the steam group URL, assigned an existing group, checked logs for errors, etc. Only sign of it not working is when I test it in the game.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2017
  13. Hi,
    plugin worked for me fine - but suddenly after 2 days it stopped adding people to wl group

edit: reloaded plugin steamgroups and it started work again.. weird

14. Sadly reinstalling has not worked for me. As it was I was using a fresh install. Seems @ZTIF is having the same issue as well

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Try the previous plugin version.

16. I've tried (and am currently) running v0.3.5 from may 19th - no luck there either.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2017
  17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Wulf updated SteamGroups with a new update entry:

18. Told ya!. My modified version has been running smoothly since 25th October when I suggested my code change :). You could use the changes from it if you want a functional version.

Ps. No groups did not wipe because of threaded calls. It was because a condition was not caught which did not trigger next call!

19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Congrats. :p A link was already provided if you're interested in showing the changes, but the threading was indeed causing issues when testing due to Oxide also trying to write to the .data files while this plugin was as well.

20. I can see how threading could interfere with writing files if there's delay between calls, though did not happen to me. I used that link and provided code change as suggestion but it got removed a while after. Did you not see it? if not then I can do it again