1. I get same message at this time

2. All the time the same message, and I restarted my client and checked the update

3. Been getting this for the last 30 mins or so

4. hi i know this is an old post but i restarted steam and still same problem

5. i want kill Team Steam : ((

6. yes i have same problem
    now facepunch fixed this

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2017
  7. so to re open this because I need help, I try to join a server (isn't my server) and on the loading screen I get "Negotiating Connection" then it sits on that for about 10 seconds and says "Steam Auth Timeout" I don't know how to fix this please help me...

8. when i try to join a server (All servers) it just say "Steam Auth Timeout"

Pls help me

9. for all

10. when will it be fixed. And how did this bug come?

11. same both my servers are experiencing this issue.

12. Its a rust issue it will fix it self
    [

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2017
  13. Damn, I would of played longer this morning. I see servers with people, but I can not join, all timing out.

14. Same issue. Is this rust's fault?

15. started for no reason today. Does anyone know how to load a server into a local network?

16. its a rust issue, it will fix it self over time, players cant log in to any server at this moment,

17. its a rust issue, it will fix it self over time, players cant log in to any server at this moment,

18. yeah, its doing the same thing to me. anyone know how long it usually takes for them to fix it?

19. Hey Oxide,

We're having some connection issues and I'm wondering if you guys might know what the cause of it is.

Players on my servers have been trying to get into the game for an hour now, particularly two of my players. Upon attempt to connect, they immediately get booted for Steam Auth Timeouts.

I had them Reverify the Integrity of their Game Files, and now I am attempting to reboot the servers to see if this helps.

Do we have a for-sure known cause so I can do my best as an admin/server owner to prevent these issues from occurring again, or is this just a part of the good ol' alpha days of Rust?

Thanks!

Shark-A-Holic
    Co-Owner of Rust-A-Holics Community Servers

20. this is not a rust issue, this is a steam/valve issue with their auth servers.