1. These constants are critical. Thanks for compiling a list. Important to keep feeding this list. Might even suggest this type of information deserves its on post.

2. Not yet, I'll be readding them shortly.

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

We've setup a Plugins section to handle Oxide 2 plugin releases. The section will likely undergo some changes yet with categories and such, but for the most part it's ready to use.

http://oxidemod.org/resources/

4. is the patched version in the github the patched version to run oxide?
    (as in no need to use visual studio and stuff?)

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The snapshots I build can just be dropped in, but if you want to build Oxide yourself, you'd need Visual Studio.

6. awesome XD thanks, cause i was about to build it ... but it's i can just drop it in it's better XD[DOUBLEPOST=1413403360][/DOUBLEPOST]any way to use like cs.gettype or like use the broadcast chat? Facepunch.ConsoleSystem:Broadcast doesn't work ^^
    (just looking to see what we can do atm)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2014
  7. The patcher is now available here: https://github.com/OxideMod/OxidePatcher

You'll only need this if you want to add more hooks, or edit existing ones. Or if you want to be crazy and try and mod Oxide into another game.

8. as a close next step, could you please give us the cs.gettype and util.getmethod stuff so we can start using rust methods and stuff :p?

9. You can access the types of most important things through their namespace. For example, to get the type of UnityEngine.GameObject, you can literally just do:

Code:
    print( UnityEngine.GameObject._type )
    Static methods are auto-bound also.

Code:
    print( UnityEngine.GameObject.Find )
    Most Rust classes are in the global namespace.

Code:
    print( global.BasePlayer._type )
    With the type object, you can do standard .net reflection magic to access private fields and such. I'll work on some utility methods at some point but it's not a priority right now.

I also just added a bunch of new hooks, check the OP for an updated link to the current hooks list.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2014
  10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

11. @thomasfn : i've tried to use: Facepunch.ConsoleSystem:Broadcast("test broadcast")
    but it tells me that console system doesn't exit.
    any idea how to get around that plz :)?

12. Cant you just use chat.add?

13. Still when do you want me to use that if the player isn't admin? I think it Will just cancel the chat.add no?

14. Where i can find hooks in oxide source? Not list, i want try to add few

15. You should probably just suggest them, so if you code plugins every one can use it, and also if oxide does an update you might Côme across incompatibilities :p
    Unless thomas uses your update (that could also help him :p)

16. So this is going to basically be the same as *(Shall not name)* server mod but with a few extras?
    If so what makes this different to the other server mod? I want the best server mod I can get my hands on.

17. Oxide was hère much before and is official.
    Other thing is that their was much more plugin devs on oxide then on others.
    And on rust++ used to have à lot of payable plugins, on oxide they are all free.
    As for fourgerite, seems promissing but the Guy develops it on his own.

18. Well to be fair Oxide isnt as complete as the other mods are at the moment.
    I'd say if you're a normal user or server admin the only criteria you need to bother about are the available plugins and the activity. Take the mod that you think has the most suitable plugins for your server.

19. Isn't the other server mod official?
    Also iv been oxide for a little bit and the plugins are just little ones so you end up with like 20-25 plugins (Yes I know there are some really good bigger ones)
    The other server mod seems all free.
    Personally Oxide seems have something missing, I've never known what...
    The other server mod looks more well built and better than Magma/Oxide (Was using magma but its dead now)

20. Well magma and fourgerite for legacy clearly have much less options as you can get now on oxide.
    As for expérimental server, yes fourgerite is much more advanced atm, but oxide just started for expérimental, give some time for plugin devs to get the hang of it :p.