1. Hello and thank you for reading, in this thread I will talk about basics of running a more professional looking server.

I have searched pretty hard to find this information and to put it all in one place. This should make it easy for anyone who is first starting their own server.

Step 1. serverstart.bat file as stated in Wulf's Thread you need to create one of these. But in the one I will show you how to add a server description, server header image, and server webpage.
    [​IMG]

Code:
    @echo off
    RustDedicated.exe -batchmode +server.port 28015 +rcon.port 28016 +rcon.ip 0.0.0.0 +rcon.password "yourrconpassword" -hostname "your Hostname here"" +server.maxplayers "50" +server.description "Your Server Description goes here" +server.headerimage "http://a 512×256 png or jpg" +server.url "http://yourserverurlhere.com"
    Finished product of startserver.bat
    [​IMG]
    Finished product of startserver.bat

Step 2. Thank you very much Foxxi for this one. This step will cover auto restarting your server and the commands to do this. Also what plugins you will need to accomplish this task.

[​IMG]
    Link for restart program

restarter.zip

This is Foxxi's direct link to his program he linked. I did not re upload it
    here is the thread where I obtained this information.

SchedShutdown | Oxide

Plugins
    TimedExecute for Rust Experimental - Updates | Oxide

SchedShutdown for Rust Experimental | Oxide
    Plugins

Here is Foxxi's code for Timedexecute it works perfect :) thanks again Foxxi
    Code:
    {
      "ConfigCode": "1",
      "EnableTimerOnceCommands": "true",
      "EnableTimerRepeatCommands": "true",
      "OnceCommands": [
        {
          "command": "say 'Server <color=orange>AUTOMATIC</color> Restart in 6 hours!'",
          "seconds": 350
        },
        {
          "command": "say 'Server <color=orange>AUTOMATIC</color> Restart in 5 hours!'",
          "seconds": 3600
        },
        {
          "command": "say 'Server <color=orange>AUTOMATIC</color> Restart in 4 hours!'",
          "seconds": 7550
        },
        {
          "command": "say 'Server <color=orange>AUTOMATIC</color> Restart in 3 hours!'",
          "seconds": 11150
        },
        {
          "command": "say 'Server <color=orange>AUTOMATIC</color> Restart in 2 hours!'",
          "seconds": 14750
        },
        {
          "command": "say 'Server <color=orange>AUTOMATIC</color> Restart in 1 hour!'",
          "seconds": 18350
        },
        {
          "command": "say 'Server <color=orange>AUTOMATIC</color> Restart in 30 minutes!'",
          "seconds": 20150
        },
        {
          "command": "say 'Server <color=orange>AUTOMATIC</color> Restart in 15 minutes!'",
          "seconds": 21050
        },
        {
          "command": "say 'Server <color=orange>AUTOMATIC</color> Restart in 5 minutes!'",
          "seconds": 21400
        },
        {
          "command": "server.save",
          "seconds": 21750
        },
        {
          "command": "say 'Server is Restarting <color=red>NOW</color>!!!'",
          "seconds": 21751
        },
        {
          "command": "restart",
          "seconds": 21752
        },
        {
          "command": "reset.oncetimer",
          "seconds": 21753
        }
      ],
      "RepeaterCommands": [
        {
          "command": "server.save",
          "seconds": 300
        }
      ]
    }
    You will also need to edit the restarter.ini file to match your rustdedicated.exe and startserver.bat

[​IMG]

Well that concludes this guide, I really hope it was helpful to those whom are starting a new server. I have looked far and wide for this info, and I am glad to share it with this community. Just wanted to do my part and be a contributor rather than a complete leecher. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2015
  2. Wow thanks alot, now all we need is a auto backup that can make backups every x seconds.

Will test this on my server!

3. No Problem MoltenRok glad I could help. Also I am pretty sure you can add the backup command on this line of Timedexecute.
    Also I forgot to add in order to get the server auto re-starter working you need to run restarter.exe not startserver.bat or rustdedicated.exe.
    Code:
    "RepeaterCommands": [
        {
          "command": "backup command here",
          "seconds": 300
        }
      ]
    }

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

@Das JÄGER, please do not bold every post in its entirety, thanks. Your previous posts have had their formatting removed.

5. No problem

6. Why not release it as a tool?

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It's not a tool, it's a tutorial using a third-party exe from what I can tell.

8. Ah just assumed from the icon that it was a custom coded tool.

9. Now that you mention it, I could script a tool to automate some of these steps if not all. The only thing the user would have to do is fill in the GUI guided boxes, and it would place it where everything needed to be and filled out all their information. Hmmmm... ? thank you for the idea Norn it is much appreciated. :)

10. Edit: Think i got this working, just waiting an hour to see if its actually working. Thanks

However i ran a virus scan on virus total and it was 1/56, opened with sandboxie and no problems, probably a false positive

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2015
  11. Can I use this for vanilla servers?

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The plugins and their configs, no; the restarter tool and batch scripts, yes.

13. ya i got that to with my antivirus but have been using it for 30HRS now with no problems

14. It restarts as usual, but the notifications arent popping up....

15. Did you copy paste the exact code into Timedexecute ?

16. Yeah i did, even reloaded it, ill check again

17. well if you have anymore issues just take a screenshot of your config for Timedexecute

18. The code shown here for the Timedexecute is outdated. anyway to update this restart say once every 24hrs or to restart at a set time say 4am EST but yet give the notices to players for the last 3 hours.... ??

19. This is outdated and should be removed as I do not think it is a viable option anymore sorry guys I tried....

20. Any other option to auto-restart our servers once a day?