Solved Schema download failed

Discussion in 'Rust Discussion' started by NiueanTurtle, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Yeah if you try and navigate to the Amazon Web services, they are all down, a LOT of companies use them, as they will scale to your needs retroactively. So it will be being worked on :)

2. why is it down

3. Aliens, Maintenance, Amazon's out of business. Could be anything, but amazon's quick to fix their things. They're losing money by the minute after all.

4. Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2017
  5. Hello,

i get spam
    Code:
    Schema download failed, retrying http://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.playrust.com/icons/inventory/rust/schema.json
    Schema download failed, retrying http://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.playrust.com/icons/inventory/rust/schema.json
    I have access to Amazon Web Services (AWS) - Cloud Computing Services but not url given...

Anyone can upload this file and how to place it ?

Cheers,

6. No you are NOT correct Please do not make incorrect comments when you are not correct.

Gyazo - 9ed3d46b2a4b698b601189fc39e13c53.png

7. Seriously??? You must know it man, mister IT-Pro :p
    [DOUBLEPOST=1488311271][/DOUBLEPOST]
    And, Mister IT-Pro, my post was made over a month a go. At this time the site url worked 100%.
    Today it seems broken, correct. So make your homeworks next time better before you try to piss other people on their shoes...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2017
  8. im having the same error. glad im not the only one

9. Solved for me, he work

10. its working now lol

11. I have remote access to my server @ gameservers.com and can download the file on my pc. What file should I place the"schema.json" file?

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I don't think it is physically stored anywhere, it's just loaded into memory by the server as far as I know.

13. getting this error today. funny the issue creeps back up again a year later. time for better hosting?

14. That is messed up. I got excited for my very first rented server for Rust and had so many plans for it. Yesterday was my first full day with it. Low and behold I get this issue out of the gate. I hadn't seen anyone else post about it so I assumed it was something I did wrong(still learning. Forgot a mod or two did the same thing and I think that's what caused the game to kick me whenever I logged in). Finally I got it running, to end up not having any mods load up at all. I'm reinstalling the server now and starting over again. Learning from my mistakes is the best way for me to learn things(bad short term memory). Really hope my daydreams of having a great server are within arms reach(im 6'.75" tall, so they should reach haha):p

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2018
  15. the issue cleared up. maybe there was a server down somewhere.

hang in there Hazey. having your own server is worth the efforts and it does it get easier.