Solved Schema download failed

Discussion in 'Rust Discussion' started by NiueanTurtle, Nov 4, 2016.

1. I'm seeing this error, does anyone lnow of a fix for this please? I have updated/installed Rust 3 times in the event it was a dud download, but to no avail.

Schema download failed, retrying http://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.playrust.com/icons/inventory/rust/schema.json

The following is the log.error file contents:
    Code:
    [11/04/2016 11:42:51] [Oxide] 11:42 [Error] Error while compiling RemoverTool.cs(30,47): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `Xp' does not exist in the namespace `Rust'. Are you missing an assembly reference?
    [11/04/2016 11:42:51] [Oxide] 11:42 [Error] Error while compiling RestoreUponDeath.cs(285,75): error CS1503: Argument `#3' cannot convert `int' expression to type `ulong'
    [11/04/2016 11:44:23] [Oxide] 11:44 AM [Error] Rust:IO> Steam authentication failed: WebException The request timed out
      at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at B.v.A (A.y , System.String& ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    [11/04/2016 11:44:37] [Oxide] 11:44 AM [Error] Rust:IO> Steam authentication failed: WebException The request timed out
      at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at B.v.A (A.y , System.String& ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2016
  2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

For the XP errors, please see each plugin's support thread. For the schema error, that's your server failing to download the inventory icons for Rust; likely either a connection on your end or their end.

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Please see my above post.

4. Hi guys. I'm seeing this error in my console. Idk if I need to fix it, Idk if it's lagging the server, but if I have to fix it, how?

Attached Files:

5. This declares your server got internet connection issues/time-outs, or at least DNS issues.

6. my server had that also.
    probably the skins schema link that was down

7. I already restarted the server, but it's still saying that.

8. It says: "This site can't be reached" what to do now?

9. Ask your provider ;) what else..or solve it alone

10. Bur how can I solve it by myself? Is it possible?

11. This is no Windows/Linux server-support forum.
    Thats why i wrote you need to contact your provider that you have a DNS resolving issue, when you are not able to solve it alone.

12. At least for me, it's not DNS resolve issue and it may likely not be for others. I can download the file just fine with wget but rust seems to have issues.
    Can anyone comment on how serious of an issue this is?

13. Don't know why this thread says "solved." I have the same error. It's not on my end, or my server host. The entire http://s3.amazonaws.com site is down. Maybe use a better site to host your resources on.

14. This is also happening for me on a Vanilla server. it appears that the Amazon Web Services are briefly down, it won;t be long till the fix it, that's what the amazonaws.com is. Amazons hosting company.

15. Assuming this is pretty widespread and not my issue to fix, since others are all together reporting the same error logs..

Same here, Schema download failed ....
    *Shrugs*

16. Yeah just hurry up and wait. Give it a couple of hours/days.