1. They ars not rates they are targets. 20 is way too low for any of the resources. Use the default config, let server run 30 mins and use /cdump to check your natural numbers. If you want to make it daily you need to figure the day + night lenght and set your timer to that.

2. But /cdump is only working with the plugin, or isnt it? i havent installed cornucopia.
    I have installed a day/night plugin. Day is 50 and night is 10.

This morning i have new stones and trees. The server was laggy at midnight this night.

3. Yes cdump only works with the plugin but take time to read what I said.. Run the plugin with the default config, this will not spawn any extras or cut down any items either so after 30 mins of running like this (you'll need to restart the server if you had another config before), the population of items will be "normal" and /cdump will show you the "normal" numbers for your map.

Once you got that, change the MIN values for items for which you don't have enough.. OR the MAX value if there are any items you feel you have too much of.

The MAX value is very situational... You could use it to remove chickens if they bother you, or limit the number of a resource if you feel there is too much of it, etc.

Never use BOTH MIN and MAX there is no point whatsoever.

4. But i want not to use the plugin... i want to set the respawnrate with the serversettings spawn.min_rate and spawn.max_rate!

5. Eh OK, well good luck with that. Its pretty limited.

6. Ok, now i have my dump...
    wood.prefab 337
    sulfurore-3.prefab 339
    stone-1.prefab 319
    metalore-2.prefab 351
    stone-ore.prefab 512
    metal-ore.prefab 536
    sulfur-ore.prefab 522

if i now want 2 times of all, i have to set the min value of wood for example to 674?

but in what time the wood respawn? this is my question...
    [DOUBLEPOST=1451500873][/DOUBLEPOST]ps: and i see no entry in the config for wood!?

7. Like I said there is no wood handling in Cornucopia. It reuses the single wood logs for spawn placement but it wont spawn more or handle trees.

8. Ok, and the other settings?
    Is it right what i mean?

RefreshMinutes is set to 60. My rust day&night cycle is 60.

9. Yes the rest seems right, by doubling the max of items which show up in cdump you will get what you want.

10. I'm just curious about the arguments. the defaults are 0.1 and max 1. Is this seconds, minutes, hours? And for density, I'm assuming its a measurement of distance, which would be in what meters? So is it saying spawn resources a min of 0.1 meters from each other to a max of 1 meter?

11. this is fucking stupid give me some actual info, all fucking threads lead back to this useless shit page

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Please watch the attitude. The 2nd post of this thread has the information you need. The other option is one of the many plugins that customize this.

13. Have some class.

14. What number should I set the density and rate to make sure lots of ore rocks spawn with lots of animals without making the server lag?

15. Only the max values will take effect,m then min values do not give an effect on most servers. increasing the max values will increase to spawn amount of every spawnpopulation handled types, like ore, trees and animals.

16. So what number do you recommend I set the max too?

17. Do I need to restart my server to allow it to take affect?

18. Same boat... looking for a way to noticeably change the spawn of animals... it's very noticeable on nodes like stone and tree density, but animals are more scarce...

19. hey I do not know why I have to map the animals do not know some kind of plug to spawn animals