1. I'm new in Rust server administration, and have idea to do a plugins

Never do this before ! :/ But good for looking and searching !

Then i ask for help to make this

What is it doing:
    When someone die (any case of death), he can lose 1 or more BP

Will be perfect if we can configure
    - Min number of BP lose/death
    - Max number of NP lose/death
    - Rate for lose based on BetterLoot plugins (Common/Uncommon/Rare/VeryRare) to get lower chance to lose your rocket launcher for exemple and get more to lose your hachet !

Thanks in advance for help

2. nobody can help me to do this? :( ?

3. C# example

Code:
    void OnPlayerRespawned(BasePlayer player)
    {
          player.health -= Core.Random.Range(0/*Minimum Value*/, 50/*MaximumValue*/);
    }

4. Hum hey Colin.M the same rly ...

I'm not talking about HP (like write in title but can't change)

I'm talking about BP blueprint ;)

5. Corrected the title for you.

6. are you running a hardcore server?

7. no this isn't a hardcore server :eek:

8. then this will lose you players

9. What are you talking about ???

I just wan't a plugin make player can lose Blueprint when they die ...

Random blueprint lose depending of rate adjusted in config file (like betterloot plugins)

10. He's not really asking what it'll do, he's asking for help on a feature he wants to implement.

Nark0t1k, send me a friend request on Steam and I'll discuss some ideas for this, my steam is the same as its always been.

11. I am merely giving you advice base on my experience, there is no need to panic.
    This could be good as a default feature to rust imo. Have you suggested it yet on the facepunch forums?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1434036317][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Oh forgive me I thought this was a forum, What was i thinking... I should keep my mouth shut and just code.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2015
  12. Great ignorance.

13. agreed

14. I would be very interested in supporting this type of modification. Do you know if anything has been done? Can I help in any way?

15. Is this still needed? I might do it.

16. I am very interested in trying this. I think having a real downside to death will make an interesting community experiment. It would be cool if it could use a % of learned blueprints to lose, or optionally a specific number.

Edit: Also, if it's possible to distinguish between a radiation/player/suicide death and adjust rates for each, that might be useful.

17. Hmm the PlayerBlueprint class is not very user friendly, i got no clue how to "unlearn" a blueprint, you can only check if he has learned and make the player learn something. I'll keep digging.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1437505085][/DOUBLEPOST]Edit: I've found how the blue prints are learned, etc by decompiling the Oxide's CSharp and i found out this can't be done since i can't create a PersistantPlayer instance from any player ( ServerMgr is partially blocked in the Visual studio ) so ye, only if Wulf or Facepunch actually want this will happen :p

18. Interesting, thanks for looking into it. I know there are some mods that wipe blueprints for a player. I know it would be inefficient, but is it possible to collect a list of what they have, remove some number/percent form that list, wipe their BPs, then add those from the list?

19. I'll see if i can find a mod that wipes the blueprints and yeah it is possible to make a temporary list to do that, nice idea.

20. http://oxidemod.org/plugins/blueprintmanager.833/ has a bpreset command. Looks like it sets blueprints to null:
    Code:
    var data = SingletonComponent<ServerMgr>.Instance.persistance.GetPlayerInfo(targetPlayer.userID);
                data.blueprints = null;