Rain of Fire

Custom event that adds meteor showers to the game

Total Downloads: 9,963 - First Release: Jul 20, 2015 - Last Update: Apr 1, 2017

5/5, 45 likes
  1. I don't know about animals guys, but easy enough to change from metal fragments to HQ metal by editing the plugin as below, lines 26 & 27. Keep in mind the values there are further adjusted by your multiplier value in the config. Backup the plugin and config before making modifications though. I don't see why you couldn't add whatever item you like there. Use item short names from here.

Code:
    private ItemDrop[] drops = new ItemDrop[]
            {
                new ItemDrop("metal.refined", 10, 20),
                new ItemDrop("stones", 80, 120)
            };

2. How would I go about turning the rocket barrage into arrows?

3. Could someone update rain of fire to where works right without causing a problem in my logs it say rain of fire failed! thanks

4. Can I increase the speed of Meteor?

5. Please give us a rof.player for the console so admins can target players

6. could some one tell me how to config the rain of fire to where it comes down more often thanks
    [DOUBLEPOST=1441303078,1441235529][/DOUBLEPOST]how do I change rain of fire to where it looks like real metros?

7. BUG (I think):
    Code:
    [Oxide] 11:56 AM [Error] Failed to run a 0.64 timer in 'RainOfFire v0.1.0' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    [Oxide] 11:56 AM [Debug]  at Oxide.Plugins.RainOfFire.CreateRocket (Vector3 startPoint, Vector3 direction, Boolean isFireRocket) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.RainOfFire.RandomRocket (Vector3 origin, Single radius, Boolean dropsItems) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.RainOfFire+<StartRainOfFire>c__AnonStorey1.<>m__0 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Libraries.Timer+TimerInstance.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    Missing projectileID  (193)
    Missing projectileID  (194)
    Missing projectileID  (195)
    Missing projectileID  (196)
    Missing projectileID  (198)
    Missing projectileID  (199)
    Missing projectileID  (200)
    Missing projectileID  (197)

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Just edit the oxide/config/RainOfFire.json file, the time is in seconds (default 30 minutes):

"EventIntervals": 1800.0,

9. Great plugin, just started using it tonight, been a giggle, works well. Only problem is i want to change what it drops, ive read change whatever in the config, but i cant find no config file. Bear in mind i rent from multiplay and using clanforge. Ive looked in my oxide/serv.cfg and nothing in there, got no json file anywhere like all the other plugins. So i dont know if im missing something or i should be asking the question to multiplay.

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If you don't see a config file, you'd need to contact ClanForge for them to add one for the plugin.

11. cheers wulf, thought as much, will get on their case.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1441500761][/DOUBLEPOST]Have you got a config file wulf? as they have asked for one, said they cant seem to find one on here.

12. still having this problem. also the /rof onme command is not working.

13. Has anyone got a config they can upload here? just so i can send it to multiplay so they can add it as it seems they dont have one.

cheers

14. I fixed the naming of the resource to match the correct item short names from Oxide API for Rust.

I also incremented the version number from 0.1.0 to 0.1.1. this fixes the missing projectile ID error you see in RCON.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1441725621][/DOUBLEPOST]anyone know what is causing this error (below)? I would love to fix it but not sure what Object is being referred to.
    Code:
    Oxide] 10:15 AM [Error] Failed to run a 0.64 timer in 'RainOfFire v0.1.1' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    [Oxide] 10:15 AM [Debug]  at Oxide.Plugins.RainOfFire.CreateRocket (Vector3 startPoint, Vector3 direction, Boolean isFireRocket) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.RainOfFire.RandomRocket (Vector3 origin, Single radius, Boolean dropsItems) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.RainOfFire+<StartRainOfFire>c__AnonStorey1.<>m__0 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Libraries.Timer+TimerInstance.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
  15. BUG keeping ROF from working correctly:
    Code:
    [Oxide] 2:53 PM [Error] Failed to run a 0.64 timer in 'RainOfFire v0.1.1' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    [Oxide] 2:53 PM [Debug]  at Oxide.Plugins.RainOfFire.CreateRocket (Vector3 startPoint, Vector3 direction, Boolean isFireRocket) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

16. FIXED: problem fixed.

17. is it possible to adjust smoke colour?
    otherwise great plug!

18. emu

emu

Unfortunately, thats not possible.

19. Ok for everyone wanting a console command "rof.onplayer," tuck this right after the "[ConsoleCommand("rof.onposition")]" block:
    Code:
    [ConsoleCommand("rof.onplayer")]
            private void ConEentOnPlayer(ConsoleSystem.Arg arg)
            {
                if(!arg.isAdmin)
                    return;

string playerName;

if(arg.Args.Length == 1)
                {
                    playerName = arg.Args[0];
                    BasePlayer player = GetPlayerByName(playerName);

if(player == null)
                    {
                        Puts("No player found with that name.");
                        return;
                    }

StartRainOfFire(player.transform.position, optimal);
                    Puts("Event called on " + playerName + "'s position.");
                }
                else
                {
                    Puts("Usage: rof.onplayer playerName");
                }
            }
    [DOUBLEPOST=1442748426][/DOUBLEPOST]BTW @emu , your code generates rockets directly above the target, with slant. Onplayer calls tend to miss their intended target. If I may, I would suggest replacing your RandomRocket() function with the following:
    Code:
    private void RandomRocket(Vector3 destination, float radius, bool dropsItems = true)
            {
                bool isFireRocket = false;
                Vector2 rand = UnityEngine.Random.insideUnitCircle;

Vector3 direction = (Vector3.up * -launchStraightness + Vector3.right).normalized;
                Vector3 origin = destination - direction * 200f;

Vector3 offset = new Vector3(rand.x * radius, 0, rand.y * radius);

Vector3 launchPos = origin + offset;

if(UnityEngine.Random.value < fireRocketChance)
                    isFireRocket = true;

BaseEntity rocket = CreateRocket(launchPos, direction, isFireRocket);
                if(dropsItems)
                    rocket.gameObject.AddComponent<ItemCarrier>().SetCarriedItems(drops);
            }

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2015
  20. Ive tried my darndest - and while i was able to get an rof napalm (incidiary barrage) and an rof extreme (100 rocket barrage with some differing properties) fairly easily it seems like the GetRocket() is only allowing me to pull rockets (smoke incendiary basic and hv) when i try to edit things and cannot get arrows, spears, bullets, survey charges, or other entities to spawn in any sort of barrage. Now im mostly beating on this code with a rock but im sort of at a loss for how to call in other kinds of projectiles/entities