Quests

Creates quests for players to go on to earn rewards, complete with a GUI menu

Total Downloads: 9,372 - First Release: May 31, 2015 - Last Update: Jun 11, 2018

5/5, 53 likes
  1. Getting strange, inconsistent results with this plugin; when I type /quest in chat, it gives me "unknown command, as it does everyone else who has tried it. However the 'k' key works fine to pull up the Quest interface...but not for everyone. Works for me (admin) and one other user, but not for 2 other users who have tried it.

Not sure how to proceed on this...anyone else experienced this?

2. The command is /q not /quest :)

3. How do i edit so you can Only leave the quest to the Specific quest npc ?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2017
  4. Hello, all players are voted to launch a event, but when I go in vote section in the EMinterface I have this :
    Code:
    (18:51:15) | Failed to call hook 'ccmdChangeElement' on plugin 'EMInterface v1.0.2' (KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.)
    (18:51:15) | at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.Int32,System.Int32].get_Item (Int32 key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.EMInterface+EventVoting.GetVoteCount (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.EMInterface.CreateVoting (.BasePlayer player, Int32 page) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.EMInterface.ccmdChangeElement (.Arg arg) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.EMInterface.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2017
  5. time to be cheekey has anyone got a list of quests made already they would like to share :) thanks ps also how would i make it so when player click on kill quests they can see more than 4 quests at a time something like 12 on 1 page

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2017
  6. Got a bug on a Quest that people cant take the quest. All i get in log is [
    [Quests] Error retrieving quest info for: Off i go then !
    Any more info you would like ?

7. [Better Chat] [Player] [God] [ADMIN] Argon: BearHUnter
    Failed to call hook 'OnBetterChat' on plugin 'Quests v2.1.73' (InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.)
    at Oxide.Plugins.Quests.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

8. how does the quest vendor work with humannpc, you only explain delivery

9. Hi, I have set the quest giver NPC and delivery NPCs. Deliveries are working fine, the quests work but ignore the Quest NPC. How do I make the quests either, only obtainable and claimable at an NPC or failing that only claimable at the quest NPC. Any help is very appreciated.

10. Did you read this :
    Code:
    Delivery Missions and Quest Vendors- MUST READ
    How do delivery missions work? A delivery mission in unlike the other available quest types. Delivery missions require multiple delivery vendors, the user must visit one delivery vendor, that vendor will then ask the user to deliver a package to another delivery vendor. The amount of reward for completing a delivery missions varies based on a multiplier (see below) and the distance between the 2 vendors.
    You can add new delivery/quest vendors VIA the Creation Menu
    •Each vendor has their own reward and multiplier.
    •When requesting a delivery mission a random vendor will be chosen.
    •The reward amount is calculated based on distance between the 2 vendors
    •Always consider what the maximum reward could be.
    •The minimum amount of a item will always be 1
    •If you want to give something like a weapon as a reward, but don't want the player to get 100 Assault Rifles set the multiplier to 0
    When creating a new delivery vendor keep in mind that the multiplier will work as follows;
    Vendor A is 2000m away from Vendor B. If the reward multiplier is 0.75 the reward amount will be 2000 x 0.75 = 1500.
    It should have step by step instructions on screen to add an NPC

This option has to be "true" "UseNPCVendors": true - make sure its changed then reload.

11. Not sure I know how to ask this but I want a different name for the delivery destination. So I want to edit the location to take the item too. Instead of saying to delivery 1 I want it to say Bear Island or something like that. Maybe its destination name. I really cant put into words what I mean so I hope someone can understand. Any help even if its just clarifying what I mean would be great! thanks
    [DOUBLEPOST=1484703871][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Thank you so much, is there a way now to stop people being able to get quests from /q menu?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1484705207][/DOUBLEPOST]OK, I think I can be clearer, currently when you want to take a delivery mission you are told deliver this to Delivery_3. Can I change the name that is displayed to something else, something like Bear Island Office?

12. I haven't messed with npc vendors at all because I don't have npc's on my server anymore. but I don't see why you couldn't. Have you overlooked all files ?

13. Nope, all it says it to do /quest npc after that it says it makes one, then nothing happens

14. how to fix this error?
    and what is it connected?

(20:38:15) | [Quests] Error retrieving quest info for: Собрать

15. delete and redo the quest. something is wrong with the quest data

maybe, unloading and reading all configs with fix this problem. idk.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1484845584][/DOUBLEPOST]

where is your npc at the time of making the quest ?

try having the npc in front of you while looking at it.

16. k1lly0u updated Quests with a new update entry:

17. Any new info on potentially having the Kill quests target NPCs and am I missing something or is there a way to make quests repeatable as mine keep going and dont come back once completed once (even when timer is low)

18. BUG! Players with macros can dupe rewards many times. Pease fix this
    I can send video

19. 1) When using a 'kill player' quest, you can simply suicide. Which should not count as a player kill by default, IMHO.
    2) When edit->removing rewards, they dont get removed.
    3) When editing quests, you cannot edit cooldowntime.
    4) When editing harvest quest, you cannot edit 'take away from user' items.