1. I just got my server from Streamline, it's my first time running a server so I'm running into all sorts of new phrases and actions that I need to take.

Unfortunately the FAQ for Streamline is sorely lacking. Through googling, I modded the server and made doubly sure Oxide was functioning, but none of the mods are working. I keep finding information that I have to edit config files, but there's no explanation I've found for how to do it.

I've gotten as far as editing the .json file, but I don't know what I'm supposed to be putting into it or how to find that info to begin with. Help?

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Check your oxide/logs for errors and verify that Oxide is actually installed by using the oxide.version command.

3. 02:43 [Error] Failed to load extension Oxide.Core.Lua (ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.)

I assume this is a problem. . .
    [DOUBLEPOST=1500654676][/DOUBLEPOST]Okay I tried uninstalling Oxide and got this: "Duplicate entry '391449' for key 'PRIMARY'"

It won't let me uninstall it.

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The first just affects .lua plugins, which there are very few of. The second error is a MySQL error with your host, not Oxide or even your server.

5. Ahh, so I didn't do anything wrong, it's just an issue with the host?

6. For reference, I tried the oxide.version command in the web console and it said this:

Protocol: 2000.147.1
    Build Date: 07/20/2017 09:54:47
    Unity Version: 5.6.0f3
    Changeset: 21741
    Branch: main
    Oxide Version: 2.0.3376

I also noticed that I can, in fact, install and unistall the mods, even though each time it gives me the same error (as above). I just have to reload the page to see the effects.

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

None of the errors you posted so far indicate plugin issues. Are you seeing any other errors in your oxide/logs?

8. Nope, just the one. I checked the oxide version in game too, it just tells me the Oxide and Rust versions running, no mention of errors. Should I just open a ticket with my host at this point?

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Sounds like you are not installing plugins in the right location then if you see no other errors and no signs of plugins loading. Depending on how your host has it setup, it'd either be oxide/plugins under the server's main directory or server/identity/oxide/plugins.

10. They're in the right place. But I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling them.

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If it doesn't show them loading at all or even erroring in the console or logs, they aren't in the right place.

12. Nope, still not working. But I feel I took a step in the right direction, because now I'm at least getting in-game messages about unfamiliar commands.

Example: I have the Building Grades mod. Before the reinstall, using the commands did nothing. Now, at least, it's telling me "unknown command".
    [DOUBLEPOST=1500693512][/DOUBLEPOST]
    . . .They must not be in the right place, then, because they're not showing in the log. Which is weird cause they're located in oxide/plugins.

Plugins.png

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Do you or your host set +oxide.directory to somewhere else in your startup script or command-line?

14. +oxide.directory "server\streamline\oxide"

I don't suppose I need to somehow get a \plugin in there, do I?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1500693868][/DOUBLEPOST]Nevermind, I just investigated. Looks like you solved my problem. I'll just have to test it first, thanks. :D

15. Update: solved! Turns out the problem was that there were two almost identical directories, and I happened to upload the plugins to the wrong one. Probably my own fault; I likely misread some directions somewhere.

Thanks for being patient and walking me through all this. ^^;;

16. What folder did you put it in? Thanks

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

oxide/plugins is where plugins go.

18. That isnt working :/

19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Do you have +oxide.directory set anywhere in your startup? Have you checked that Oxide is actually installed via the oxide.version command?