Password

Moved

Total Downloads: 929 - First Release: Mar 25, 2014 - Last Update: Nov 23, 2017

4.33333/5, 6 likes
  1. Yes the permission i don't want, but to be honest it's unclear how to use it, the only explanation you gave us is the grand user <name> <permission>
    And not how to set up a pass. I am here on the page for password, and not grand a user, so that's why.

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It's described pretty well on the Overview, I'm sorry that you didn't understand it. If you still have issues though, let me know.

3. Okay, so i downloaded the server again with steamCMD, i copied oxide into the server map and started the server. Then closed it and copied the password.cs into the plugin folder of oxide which is also in the server map. So what to do now so people must use a password?
    Must i change the "oxide" pass to whatever i want and restart the server? Then people can log in with their name | password
    That is the file in oxide\config folder called password.json

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Just reload the plugin to reload the config.

5. So i guess that what i was saying above, i must change the pass in the oxide\config file called password.json which is default set to
    "oxide" to whatever pass i want.
    Then just reload the plugin, not the whole server?
    If that is correct, then the only thing i must know, how to reset the plugin.

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Yes. Reset it for what?

7. i assume it's /reload *pluginname*
    [DOUBLEPOST=1495817131][/DOUBLEPOST]jesus nevermind, you're so unclear.. i figure it out myself after falling a couple of times.
    If i know how to do it, i will write a better explanation for the users here.

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I'm sorry you are having trouble following basic instructions and questions for a simple plugin, but "reset" is not the same as reloading, hence the question. If you aren't clear, I can't be clear with you. ;)

I've explained how the plugin works numerous times and given you the exact steps needed for it to work, which it even works out of the box without any steps needed on your part aside from actually using the password.

9. not working.
    Disconnect Reason: Server password provided is invalid or none given
    Disconnected (Server password provided is invalid or none given) - returning to main menu

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

And what do you have set in your config right now as well as in your name?

11. it's installed out of the box with pass as oxide.
    i used myname | oxide and that what i got

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Could I see your config please?

13. Let me be clear, my name is Dennis, so where i have to type Dennis | oxide
    It's installed out of the box now.

[DOUBLEPOST=1495817663][/DOUBLEPOST]Sure no probs :)

{
    "Freeze Unauthorized (true/false)": true,
    "Grace Period (Seconds, Default 30)": 30,
    "Password Attempts (Default 3)": 3,
    "Password Command (true/false)": true,
    "Password Names (true/false)": true,
    "Server Password": "oxide"
    }

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Config please...

Your name is set in Steam, which you may have to restart your game for the game to see the change.

15. password.json:
    Code:
    {
      "Freeze Unauthorized (true/false)": true,
      "Grace Period (Seconds, Default 30)": 30,
      "Password Attempts (Default 3)": 3,
      "Password Command (true/false)": true,
      "Password Names (true/false)": true,
      "Server Password": "oxide"
    }
    and yes, steam was already restarted including the game. A couple of times to be exact.

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

And does your server's console/logs show the name you have set with "oxide" in it when connecting?

17. It says this:
    myip : port/mysteamid64/Dennis Rejecting connection - Server password provided is invalid or none given

Then it says:
    myip : port/mysteamid64/Dennis kicked: Server password provided is invalid or none given

That's in the console of the server.

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That means that the server does not see your name change then, which generally means that the Rust client was not restarted after you changed your name with Steam.

19. let me restart another time again, brb with the news.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1495818802][/DOUBLEPOST]Restarted the client, and i got same error.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1495818906][/DOUBLEPOST]So my name in steam, do i have to change that to Dennis | oxide
    That's weird, then people know the pass.

20. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If the server can't see your name change, the plugin can't see your name change; this isn't something the plugin can fix. If you can't work out the name method, then simply set it to false in the config, reload the plugin, and you can then use the command method via chat instead.