Password

Moved

Total Downloads: 929 - First Release: Mar 25, 2014 - Last Update: Nov 23, 2017

4.33333/5, 6 likes
  1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Wulf submitted a new resource:

Password - Require a password for players to stay on your server, with optional chat hiding

Read more about this resource...

2. First times this plugin works great but after few times come this error

Code:
    12:08 AM: ERROR: Error in timer (password)
    : NLua.Exceptions.LuaScriptException: [string "password.lua"]:88: attempt to index field 'netuser' (a nil value)
      at NLua.Lua.ThrowExceptionFromError (Int32 oldTop) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at NLua.Lua.CallFunction (System.Object function, System.Object[] args, System.Type[] returnTypes) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at NLua.Lua.CallFunction (System.Object function, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at NLua.LuaFunction.Call (System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Main+<>c__DisplayClass6.<lua_NewTimer>b__4 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
    please help

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

There are some errors in the plugin right now that I am working on correcting. The only way I know of to fix that error you a receiving is either by restarting the server or perhaps reloading the plugin. It has to do with players not being disconnected properly from this or other plugins I believe.

4. Ok great :)

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Wulf updated Password with a new update entry:

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Wulf updated Password with a new update entry:

7. Hi Wulf,
    I'm trying to use this plugin to make a private Rust server but it seems clients are instantly getting rejected on connect with the "Disconnected Reason: Server password provided is invalid or none given". Based on the Password documentation, I'd expect them to be able to join the server and have to type the password in the console after connecting using "password [pass]"

Secondly, the "password" command is not found in the client's console at all. Do clients have to have Oxide installed locally or what?

Thanks for any help!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2017
  8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

"Password Names (true/false)":true,

You'd need to set that to false if you do not want them to send the password in their player name.

The commands will work if the plugin is successfully loaded and they are connected to the server.

9. Thanks for the fast reply Wulf, I'll try as you reccommend.

I'm still a bit confused as to how a client would be able to put the password in their name? Any clues on how users do this? I tried setting my Steam name to the password, but that didn't work

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

In order for your name to change in the game, you'd have to restart your client.

11. feeling a bit incompetent here, but I'm still having problems joining the passworded server.
    Checking the config file in oxide/config/Password.json shows that I have set Password Names to false as you suggest, but not able to connect

Code:
    {
      "Freeze Unauthorized (true/false)": true,
      "Grace Period (Seconds, Default 30)": 30,
      "Password Attempts (Default 3)": 3,
      "Password Command (true/false)": true,
      "Password Names (true/false)": false,
      "Server Password": "asdf"
    }

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Did you reload the plugin to reload the config? Did you restart your client so the Rust client sees your Steam name change?

13. I am also not sure how to use password.
    It seems that the only way is to connect, then get kicked and then use the grant user <name> <permission>
    where name must be changed to your steam name, and permission must be password.bypass

But that's not what i want. I want that users use a pass to enter.
    And how to write that pass in client.
    That is what missing and most users are not sure how to use it.
    The only explanation you give is how to use the grant user <name> <permission>
    but not show an example of how to use passwords and how to write that if they connect.

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

By default, it is setup to use the password in name option, which means that players need to have the password in their Steam name before they connect, otherwise they will be kicked on connection. The permission is only for those who you want to not require a password from.

Example with names:
    If you have the pass set to "open sesame", then my name can be "Wulf | open sesame" to let me in.

If you do not want to use passwords in names, then simply disable that by setting it to false in the config, reload the plugin, and then players will be prompted to enter the password after they have connected.

15. Thanks for the fast reply, i just tried what you said and disable it in config, but then i join without a pass, is this because i am admin AND moderator?

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Did you grant the permission to yourself or group?

17. Well i did this, i downloaded rust with steamCMD, then cpoied oxide into the rust server map, then i started the game and granted myself as admin AND moderator, then i closed the server and put in the password file, then i started the server again and i did the grant user <name> <permission>
    where name must be changed to your steam name, and permission must be password.bypass

When i tried to log in the first time all was okay, but that's not what i want. I want users to enter a pass, and not by name because what happens if someone changes their name and i am not at the server, or when someone tries to use the same name as someone else. So therefore i want to set up a pass so users that i give the pass to, can join no matter what.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1495814790][/DOUBLEPOST]So yes, i granted permission to myself. not the group. I want users to enter a password.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1495814925][/DOUBLEPOST]Maybe it's because i am admin on that server and i don't need a pass or whatever, so if i know how to revert it so the server sees me as a normal user and not an admin, that would be great. That way i can test it.

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The plugin doesn't have any admin checks, the password bypassing is based on the permission you granted. As long as you didn't grant that permission to the default group, then players would be prompted for a password with the method you have set in the config; either by name or chat entry.

See Using the Oxide permission system | Oxide for info the Oxide permission system.

19. well, nevermind then, i gonna re download the whoel thing. Seems you are not clear to me and by other users. Thanks for the time though.
    I try the pass as you explaned to me. like : "Wulf | open sesame"
    That seems the closest of what i want. I don't want a group or whatever there. Just a pass.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1495815531][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh yea, and teh revoke didn't work. Like i already knew, i don't know why but i just knew.
    So thats why i start all over again.

20. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If you want passwords via play names: set a password in the config, done, that's it; simple.

If you want passwords via chat command: set a password in the config, change "Password Names" to false, set "Password Command", done.

Don't overthink it. :p

The permission is only for those who you do not want to enter a password.