1. problem is that users need to enter them everytime they join because facepunch fucked up the encoding on saving with multiple arguments.
    e.g. bind k chat.say "/remove 300"\ .....will work but won't after restarting the client

here's the issue: [RUST-705] chat.say binds not saving correctly - Facepunch Jira

I already asked them over twitter und commented their dev-blog but i'll get no attention. I'll also started using the hot-key plugin because of this...

2. same here same here many msg them email them no results yet

3. Solution for the run as before?

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You can manually bind via your own client still.

5. How i can run client "bind chat command"?
    [​IMG]

6. Now you can't bind keys for player via server.

7. @Wulf, what do you think about the bind system, which could after disconnecting from a server resets all the binds sent by the server.

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That's something I've mentioned to Facepunch a few times, but not sure when it would happen if they decide to do it. It would be ideal though.

9. In CS 1.6 there is a restricted list of keys and commands to bind. Commands block by prefix and full name, keys by list.

10. you know what i find strange thought for me all KeyBinds still working i dint had to reset them or anything
    Just do Example: bind 7 chat.say "/home 1"/"

11. i had this same issue, but only thing that generated this kind of issue was that i was running FancyDrop and i had the timers set for MassDrop every 15 mins, i removed it and restarted server and everything was fine. Only thing now is that i have to activate the MassDrops manually when i reinstalled the plugin onto my server. I assume it might have something to do with any plugins that is timer based that causes the console to go haywire! Hope this helps.

12. Guys all hello!
    Tell me, this method is broken by the developers?

Player.Command ("bind m \" LustyMap map \ "");

How to deal with this?

13. Facepunch have blocked binds server sends to client. The LustyMap bind is not possible anymore. Tell players to bind it themselves or make them open it with /map

14. For LustyMap keybind,
    You can edit the spamWarning message so if a player presses M a few times it says how to rebind the key in chat. it's better than nothing for now.
    https://i.gyazo.com/04c335354d0cdba001256b6f03093d7e.png

I've had the main map get stuck open a couple times lately and the only thing that works besides a resetmap is typing "/map mini" in game chat.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2017