1. Hello!

Seems that the new update destroyed something with running user-commands from the server.
    I'll get a lot of messages like "Server tried to run command ... but we blocked it". Seems like we also can't bind keys now?

Any information on this?

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

They made a whitelist on the client to prevent malicious use and abuse of the key bind system. Another system will likely be added down the road for server to utilize.

3. And how to get access to this whitelist so our user base can enjoy our custom plugins?

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It's client-side, so the server can't handle it.

5. They've also made ddraw.text useless, again. Facepunch sure knows how to screw up a otherwise decent update, guess I shouldn't expect anything better of them at this point.

6. But can't i tell our user base to change this whitelist to use our plugin or is even the whitelist restricted? Because that would suck ass hell

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I don't think it could be modified without modifying the client, so I wouldn't risk it. I'm sure they'll add something useful for server owners down the road.

8. Facepunch is continuing the trend of completely removing a functionality before having another practical replacement. Very stupid.

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

To be fair, I don't think key binds were ever intended for the server to modify. ;)

10. Even in that case, the list seems to contain commands that don't belong there. As far as I know, ddraw.text was never, and can't really, be used maliciously.

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

ddraw was used to make cheating tools for non-admin.

12. Well, it was restricted to admins only in this devblog, right? Now it's completely unusable for anyone in this hotfix. May as well remove the command, don't see the point of an admin typing out ddraw.text manually in console, lol.

13. So they should finally start to give access to the right events...there is still no way to access the state of UI for example. We wrote two great custom plugins which worked perfectly and now i have to disable them...

Also our user base wanted keybinds but rust keeps destroying the file where they are stored when there multiple arguments. HotKeys plugin was the only way... Best thing is I now can't even leave /vanish when the chat is open because the vanish indicator overlay overlays the chat... GG

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I mentioned inventory events being sent to the server when they talked about the whitelist, so we'll see.

15. The latest update broke

player.sendConsoleCommand("bind M map.show")

I don't know how I can set a bind to the M keys server side now since it's blocked.
    [​IMG]

16. use autoclientcoman

17. make a keybind list and tell ur players to do bind m map.show
    players that have this keybind still dont have any issues new players need to assing manualy

18. ^Might be a temp solution.

19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin