Reign of Kings Multiple crests

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Fuckthis, May 30, 2015.

1. I have no idea how this c# language works. But i was wondering if there is anyway to bypass this crest limit that the game sets JUST for admins.

I have a server where i create Arena, Tavern, and other nice places for people to enjoy themselfs.
    But the crest limit makes it so i cant build a base when i decide to start playing it the real way.. So hope this is possible.. would love it.

2. I would like this to. Its hard to protect the admin base and an arena with only 1 crest. Need atleast 2 or 3 crests for admins.

3. I don't think it's possible. If I'm not mistaken the ownership is saved on the players' side so even if it was possible to place another crest, only the latest-placed crest will act as the player's crest (and expect a series of bugs with that)

4. Thanks for the information.

5. I know what I ask sounds simple(ish) to one like me. One who wouldn't know how to even begin to do something like this. But to you, it could mean a lot of work.

What I am requesting is to have a mod that would allow people to set down more than one crest at a time. It could be as little as one extra person. I would like it that way for everyone except admins.

Every time my server wipes I have to rebuild the arena, the meeting hall, the archery range, the recycling center, and now the shop (thanks by the way .. love it). Normally I am forced to use one steel crest, and block the outside rim and build within that.

Everyone want to use these things, but they don't want to use their one, and only, crest to take it over after I am done. They (like I) want to build a personal area, and just play the game.

My crest is always used up on the community things, and I never get to build my own place (it's a tavern called the Drunkin Donkey, and it is quite big).

If admins could place a few more crests we could build these places around the map (as to not cause lag), and still be able to make our own place. As a regular player that means you can setup watch towers for your kingdom.

Like I said I have no clue as to what it would take to make something like this happen, but I ask of you (the ones with the knowledge) to please make this mod.

From everyone on the Divided Conquest server.

Amyen

6. instead of crests you could take advantage of "crest protection" code to define an area and prevent damage. give access to admins to define the area and build on.

7. @SweetLouHD but "crest protection" mod covers all map? so you are talking about recoding it? Could you do that?
    and the other thing is, could you do that crest are protected everywhere except kings "island"?

8. I was actually going to make a plugin that protects all crests except for the King's island and any crest that that is X blocks away from a resource node.

9. It's tough to replace a crest with a "no damage" plugin because players can still build in those areas. If you want to prevent players from building in admin made (un-crested) areas we will need a more robust zone manager.

10. yep. not as easy as i anticipated. but it is worth the challenge.

11. it's definitely worth it, I'll be waiting with impatience :)

12. I've been thinking about this lately, and I have a general solution that "could" work.

1. Define an area using the fixed location / marking system (the code is buried in the GE plugin, but I'm going to pull it out for a separate plugin soon)
    2. Use the OnCubePlace hook and check whether a player is Admin.
    3. If not, destroy the block / send message (This bit I'm not entirely sure if it's possible yet)
    4. Set the area to prevent damage to blocks there. (Again, this is fiddly when it comes to blocks outside of a crest area)

I need to flesh it out a bit more, but it's a possible workaround.

13. About the 4th Returning false wont help ?

14. i have already did it lol. i might be releasing a plugin of this soon but im way to busy with my script

15. Cool cool! Haha!
    Look forward to seeing what you've written - some might help with some niggly issues I've had to try and work around!

16. ok if it's already done then im not gonna reinvent the wheel. may modify it to do what i want tho :D

17. I am more than excited to see this become a reality, I also was going to recommend the code from grand exchange as that is certainly functional. Maybe the ability to have the safe area as well?

18. Sydney said he is too busy with his own script, so is anyone else working on this? We were looking at the GE functionality as well to see what we can do to recreate the set zone area, zone protection true or false, but even the GE plugin would be improved upon to have no damage done to paged entities within this area.

19. hiya could anyone make a pluggin so a admin can put down more than 1 crest as there is not many pluggins on here for the game i uses a few and there great but would like to see more

the reason i ask is i have built building for the server and there is no way to protect them and they just get raided and taken down

20. I see that there hasn't been any activity in this thread for a while. How is this plugin going? I just started working on my own server and to have the functionality to build something like a village or an arena (preferably without a crest) and to have it indestructable would be great.